Friday, June 11, 2010

Pancakes & Park Dates

This week was jam-packed with fun times. Some weeks we get bored wondering what to do and other weeks (like this one) we don't seem to be home quite enough. But, we're thankful for times with our friends and the summer sunshine.
We didn't see any sunshine on Wednesday, June 9. It poured and was in the 60s that day. We had been planning on doing Oregon Dairy with Julie, Jude & Kate that morning and then going to play on the playground right there. But, as luck would have it, it was cold and rainy. It has rained the last half a dozen times we've been there. Every other day this week has been nice except Wednesday. Oh, well!
Kelley, who I also worked with at Masterpiece Marketing, also came along that morning with her 2 1/2 month old, Lincoln. We missed getting a picture of him & us Mommas, so here's the one from my party. He slept in his car seat carrier through breakfast and then everyone came back to our house to play.
Our waiter that morning was really slow (although I think he was actually a host person who just picked up the table to help out the wait staff since they were super busy that morning). The kids were ready to go long before our breakfast came out, but Joshua noticed I still had the DVD player in my bag from the day before. So, they all huddled around Mickey Mouse's train adventure while us gals caught up. Then when we went home, they played and played with toys - from Daddy's corn table invention to trains to cars & animals. I think they had a great time. And we're going back to Oregon Dairy next week for their farm days. I'm looking forward to it!
The following day was nice again, and we had plans to meet our small group friends at the park. Unfortunately, Lisa works during the day and Melanie didn't make it either since Abby wasn't feeling the best, but Angie & her two girls came and so did Becca & her daughters. Once again, I missed getting a picture of the moms, but I think I got a shot of all the kids.
We met at Overlook and it wasn't all that crowded. Yesterday (Thursday) was the last day of school for Manheim Township, so I'm assuming it was probably busier today. The kids had fun playing, and we had fun chatting. Here's Alayna & Kyla:
I had packed strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and canteloupe to snack on and share with our friends; and Angie had packed their lunch and brought it. I think Becca also came stocked with Cheerios & gold fish for the girls. We sat in the shade and enjoyed the gorgeous day. We left around lunch time to come home, and later that afternoon, the boys & I went over to Grandma's house so she could fix the straps on a dress for me. When we went to go for a walk afterward, Joshua fell and skinned his elbow something fierce. He's prayed several times asking Jesus to make it all better, and last night he told Daddy that he was going to sleep in his bed all night long so his ouchies would go away. As luck would have it, he also got stung by a bee that night while we were playing outside. Poor little guy! Here are Lael (going to kindergarten this year...wow, time flies!) and Alonna:
Last night Daddy made spaghetti for dinner, and I so appreciated him cooking that I mowed the yard afterward so he could play with the boys. It may sound like role reversal, but it's nice to have a relationship where we can both bless each other and do whatever work around the house. I set the table and cleaned up after dinner, but while he was cooking I was able to hold a little snuggly Caleb Luke. Then Shawn was able to play soccer with the boys out back while I was mowing the front yard and played more inside while I was finishing up the back yard. After the boys went to bed, I went to Walmart to pick up a few items we needed like laundry detergent, etc. We went to bed after 10 pm last night, exhausted from a busy day and week. :)

No comments: