Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy birthday, Daniel!

Friday after we left Grandma's pool, we headed straight to Aunt Jen's house to celebrate Daniel's 3rd birthday. We had been planning on going to his 'real' party that night, but then me in my forgetfulness booked us for double plans that night. Doh! Jen didn't seem to mind that we would have to miss the 'big' party and said we could come over earlier that day to wish Daniel a happy day/weekend.
Grandpa Georgia decided to join our little late morning/afternoon party rather than go that evening as well. When we arrived, Joshua gave Daniel our gifts to him, which Daniel promptly opened.
I loved how he tore right into the bag. No messing around with him! Jen had suggested a Gordon train, and I also bought a little Thomas coloring book to go with it since my boys would enjoy that, too.
He seemed happy with the gifts. Faith was excited about the coloring book, I think.
Then Dan-man opened the gift from Grandpa (which my sister always buys and then Grandpa gives her the money for).
I cracked up at the picture below as well - doesn't it look like Grandpa is just as thrilled with the Geotrax as Daniel is? Haaa!!!
The kids began to play in their nice shaded backyard. They love to swing and slide and play in the toy shed, etc.
Soon Joshua came over for a snack - it was just about our lunch time!
So Grandpa offered to buy everyone pizza. I offered to drive since he didn't know where the pizza shop was, and I  took Caleb with me. Emma begged to come along and Joshua would have preferred to stay there and play anyway, so I agreed since Aunt Jen agreed to watch the Bean while we went.
Here's the group finishing up their lunch. Joshua was sad when his bread sticks were gone.
John wasn't sad, though. I can't believe how big he's getting!
Soon it was time for cake. Grandpa had brought a carrot cake with him from the store, and Jen put candles in it. I was surprised that we were having cake at our 'party' (thinking I was just stopping in to drop off a gift) since Jen had baked a cake for the real party that night. But, I think it was so Grandpa could see him blow out candles, too. And the cake was good! Joshua ate a piece and a half.
We all sang happy birthday and enjoyed our cake. Soon thereafter, it was time to clean up and go (after they played a little longer) so we could go home and nap a short bit before heading out to our friends' house that evening. Chris & Lisa had invited us out and we went to their place where they grilled out and the kids played in their backyard. It was a fun night. I didn't take my camera, though - doh! Here's a picture from when they were at our house last.
Happy birthday, Daniel (who turned three today, June 12, and got to celebrate at Hershey Park at Mike's work picnic). Hope this is a special year!

No comments: