Monday, June 28, 2010

This, That & The Other

I haven't posted much because I haven't taken many pictures, and we haven't done all that much this past week since I sprained my ankle. Here's a picture of the Bean and somehow my foot in its cast made its way into the picture. UGH! Anyway, Joshua is showing off his filled-in "Make a Splash" paper from the library. We officially read 30 books together, and he colored in every last picture to show that he had all those books read to him. Caleb's almost finished as well, but he enjoys the same book being read to him 30+ times rather than 30 books read to him at least once. :) :) :)
 
Sunday I was on the worship team at church for the first time. I had spent a good portion of the week practicing (to the point that my children now enjoy the "Spiderman" song and ask for it...). Sunday morning I was up and gone before the boys even woke up. Shawn said that he was late getting into the service because Joshua cried and cried that I wasn't with them. It didn't even cross my mind to tell him that Daddy would take him to his children's church by himself. Shawn said he felt so bad for the little guy and wanted to tell everyone that he hadn't done anything to cause the very sad, very gushing tears. I felt bad, but I also thought it was sweet that he missed me and wanted to make sure they didn't forget me. When I got home, they were already napping, so I put my foot up to rest it. When he woke up, he asked me if I had been sleeping that whole time. Haaa!!! ;-)

Both boys got haircuts last week (so I need to take some pictures - they look so cute!). On Saturday, we went out to lunch with Grandpa Georgia while Daddy went golfing and then when Shawn got home and the boys woke up from their naps we went swimming as a family with Ma-maw & Aunt Becky, which was fun. Other than that, we've been confined to the house for the most part. Shawn went to the doctor's last week and was diagnosed with bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection in addition to a sinus infection. I think he's feel mostly better now since he finally took a sick day to rest and has been on antibiotics. My ankle is still black and swollen, and my feelings a little hurt that I can't walk better, etc. Please pray for us all!

The boys have been doing well. They make me laugh all the time as Joshua says things like "I'm so happy of you" and Caleb is starting to recognize letters in books. He called to Daddy last night after being tucked in just to ask him what the letter "K" was in his book. Haaaa!!! They are adorable & sweet, and I'm thankful for our family even as we walk through 'trials' (although I know a silly sprained ankle doesn't compare with what some folks are going through right now). I must keep a good attitude and pray for a quick recovery so I can run and we can enjoy the rest of the summer.

No comments: