Friday, June 4, 2010

Binn's Park

Thursday morning, Aunt Missy graciously watched our boys for us while I went to yoga with Mom again. This class was working on the hips, which is an area that I've struggled with knowing how to stretch. I enjoyed it, even though I swear the one woman in the class is more than twice my age and yet must have doubled for Gumby. :) The boys had fun with Aunt Missy - they love the puppies & kitties, too.
HUGS!
 When I got back to Aunt Missy's house, she had them all ready to go in their swimsuits (thanks so much!) and I quickly changed into mine. Then we met another gal named Valerie from my MOPS group and her two kiddos Ethan (age 4) and Elena (age 2) at Binn's Park. I circled the block three times before finding a parking spot that I wasn't even sure was a 'legal' parking spot since when I got out to feed the meter, there was no meter. So, either I was blessed or lucky that day (I'll say blessed!) because my car was still there when I got back and I didn't have a ticket.
Waiting for the water to cycle through again
We were the first ones to arrive, and a little girl Joshua's exact age (turning 4 in September) was there and already wet and having a blast. At first he wasn't too sure about the water, but Sarah convinced him that it was fun. I also got wet to show him how cool it really was, and they had a ton of fun trying to catch the water as it came out in different patterns. Caleb had no fear, of course, and stuck his head right into the stream as it was coming up. Then he'd laugh. I love my silly boys!



Then Valerie and her kids came, and they all had fun with the water. Elena (sp?) kept trying to drink it like a water fountain, which the other kids followed (and I'm not sure how clean that water is???). Just before it was time to leave, a couple other families joined the fun. It's such a neat place! The boys splashed and played for about an hour until it was time to go home and grab lunch.

Unfortunately, I hadn't even thought about sunscreen and in that one hour, both boys got pink shoulders. Yikes! It doesn't take long! After lunch the boys napped, and Grandpa Georgia came over to stay with them so I could go shopping with Mom for my birthday. We had fun out, as usual.

When I got home, Shawn cooked out on the grill and had dinner all ready for me (what a man!). He also mowed the yard that night, just in time before it poured. In the meantime, I gave the kiddos a bath and got them in their jammies. It had been a fun day!

No comments: