Saturday, August 1, 2009

Play time memories

I can't remember when I last posted. I wish I could steal away a few more minutes a day to post stories to the blog. It just seems to take enough time that I let it go for days on end, and then I inevitably miss posting about some cutenss here or there. For example, Caleb is now enthralled by the Stanley the Stinkbug book that Joshua wouldn't be without just a few weeks ago (he loves just about any book he gets his hands on these days). Joshua reminded me about naming one of the random "background" bugs 'Joshua.' Everytime we turn to that page, he says "Look, there's Joshua!" It makes me giggle. He's such a ham! The boys are both loving Joshua's hat collection. Caleb loves to get into them and bring them all out, but he's not too sure about having them on his head yet. Joshua is the opposite. He LOVES wearing them, yet he hates the mess that Caleb makes in dumping them all over his bedroom floor. I'm so thankful that Joshua likes to help clean up! He's also such a great big brother at times. I love these pictures below: in the first one, Joshua is helping Caleb get his hat back on; in the second, Caleb is asking for help again. Sooo sweet!On Wednesday, my friend life group friend Melanie and her daughter Abby stopped in with lunch - fresh homemade pasta salad with fresh veggies. It was delicious! Unfortunately they couldn't stay long since they had another appointment and so did I for little Caleb Luke, which I will post about in a separate entry. It was great to see them both!Thursday, we were invited to a play date at my MOPS friend Margie's house. It ended up being Becca & her daughters and Margie and her son Henry (who Joshua lovingly called "Heng-ry") and us, which was a nice small group. I did try to prop my feet up as much as possible, and it was soooo nice to be out of our house. Much as I love it, it does get tiring to see the same proverbial four walls of our home. While we were there another MOPS gal Beth brought me dinner for the night: homemade macaroni & cheese (which was AMAZING!), peas and chocolate cookies. It was sooo sweet. By the time that night rolled around, my legs were swollen and sore from being up more than usual, and having dinner all ready was awesome.We had a lot of fun at the play date. I just love those girls! It's interesting to hear their stories and be able to relate as moms. I feel blessed to have gotten to know them over this past year! After we ate dinner that night, mom invited us over to swim. I thought maybe this would be good for me, allowing me to get out and get some pressure off my legs. Joshua once again loved swimming in his floaties and Daddy let him swim all over this huge pool. Caleb didn't want to leave my side, though, so I didn't swim all that much. It was still nice to be outdoors.When we got home, Daddy got the boys a snack before bed time while I took a quick shower. When I got out, I heard him telling the boys (particularly Joshua) a story. It made me laugh, and Joshua was eating it up! "Once upon a time (emphasized)...there were three bears, a daddy bear, a momma bear and a baby bear..." then came Goldi-locks, etc. It was very much a shortened "Daddy" version of the story, but Joshua tried repeating it and did pretty well. I love hearing "once upon a time" and "happily ever after" from the Bean. Sooo cute!Joshua woke up Friday morning with a voice that sounds like he could actually lose it at any point. Was it pool water??? It sounds so cute! He's been absolutely LOVING his new desk, and he likes to sit there and color with his 'magic' markers that only color on the 'magic' paper. He also doesn't like when Caleb wants to climb up there and take his markers. This week I got out the books of numbers for Joshua learn to recognize numbers. He knows how to count, but he doesn't recognize all the numbers like he does his letters. He knows many of them, but there are still some to learn.

Friday around lunchtime, my lifegroup friend Angie stopped in with her two girls. She had a Papa John's pizza with her, some fresh cucumber all sliced up (how did she know I loved them?!?!), bananas and icecream sandwiches. She didn't stay long since they were going camping, but the boys & I feasted on our lunch, which was awesome. Joshua ate a whole slice of pizza, a banana and an icecream sandwich. Caleb ate two slices of pizza and half my icecream sandwich. I ate a slize of pizza and the cucumbers and half an icecream sandwich. It was divinity! I've felt so blessed with our family & friends bringing us food, etc. I still can't believe how sore my right leg is still! Please heal it, God! Please let me exercise again and enjoy being outside with the boys, etc!

Last night, we stopped in at Grandma's and checked out her new Wii Fit. It was fun! Shawn & I played a bowling game while Mom kept track of the boys. Joshua thought watching this match was hysterical. Caleb enjoyed eating Grandma's grapes. Both Shawn & I bowled over 100 each game. He beat me everytime (big surprise...ha!), but we had a great time. We came home and put the boys to bed and laid in bed, both with our aches and pains and laughing at somehow going from 30 to 130. At least we're together! It's been a fun week with my boys.

No comments: