Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blessed With Boys

This morning, Joshua told Daddy that he needed a wallet. Then he said he needed a wallet so that he could go to work, just like Daddy. Shawn's wallet is the last thing he grabs in the morning. Shawn looked at the Bean with a tender heart, scooped him up for one last embrace before leaving and told Joshua that some day he wouldn't want to leave and go to work. It was a sweet moment.

Joshua's expressions are just priceless. As I stated before, he picked up "I can't take it!" from me and says it on cue when he's highly frustrated. It works out in his favor, though, because I laugh when he says it and the escalating moods seem to calm themselves.

The other day, Daddy said "hey, dude" to Joshua and the Bean looked up at Shawn and said with a straight face "My name's not Jude, it's Joshua!" Then this morning I asked him what his doll baby's name was, and he thought about it for a second and then said "JUDE!" Haaa!!!

Daddy was also telling Joshua that they have the same middle name. I often sing silly songs to the boys and this morning I sang, "Momma loves her Joshua Bean...and her Caleb Luke" and Joshua said "No, Momma, my name is Joshua Doug-o-las" (which sounded a little like his "choc-o-let"). I giggled, and then with a straight face told him that he's right - his name is Joshua Douglas Good. He smiled and said "yes, and I'm two years old and my birthday is September 18." I smiled back. He's a charmer, that one!

Joshua repeats everything like a parrot, which I realize is how he grows and learns more vocab, etc. But, that can also make for awkward moments. For example, today at the park a mom was yelling at her son. I forget the poor boy's name, but it was something like Jacob Allen. The mom screamed "JACOB ALLEN" and without missing a beat, Joshua screamed in the same tone right after her "JACOB ALLEN!" My friend Kristen cracked up. I didn't know what to say...

I have so many other funny moments I could write about, but it's Shawn turn for the PC. So, I will end here, smiling at how cute both my boys are...and feeling like a blessed Momma. God has been so good to us! Here are two Psalms from my recent Bible study that sum up my feelings for tonight:

Psalm 127
1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
2 In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
for he grants sleep to those he loves.
3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.
Psalm 128
1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
who walk in his ways.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots
around your table.
4 Thus is the man blessed
who fears the LORD.
5 May the LORD bless you from Zion
all the days of your life;
may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem,
6 and may you live to see your children's children.
Peace be upon Israel.

No comments: