Friday, August 21, 2009

It's a Date

Tuesday, August 18, was Joshua's 35-month birthday. Unfortunately, our camera batteries were dead when we remembered to try and get a photo that night. In the morning, I dropped off both boys - wearing their new "Man in Training" t-shirts that Grandma bought them on her trip - at Grandma's house. She had all seven grandchildren that morning, God bless her! But, we were desperate for the sitter since I couldn't fit them and two adults in my car. While the boys were there, I took Erica & Aunt Kathy to the BWI airport. With the help of mom's GPS, I made it safely to Baltimore and back. My legs were super sore when I returned, but otherwise I didn't have any difficulty with the trip. That afternoon while the boys napped, instead of working out I cleaned and scrubbed my entire house, which felt good. That evening I took both boys with me to the last Bible study of the summer.Wednesday morning, we went back over to Grandma's house to go swimming since it was a scorcher outside. Jen also decided to come and brought all her kiddos, too. I think everyone enjoyed the pool! The boys & I got changed and ate lunch at Grandma's house before heading home for naps for the boys and a workout for the momma. That evening I had dinner ready for Shawn when he got home from work, and after we ate and cleaned up, we headed to the Conestoga House & Gardens on Marietta Avenue (where these pictures are from). The house belonged to the late Steinmen's (sp?) and touring the gardens - which are likened to a mini-version of Longwood Gardens - is free to the public on Wednesdays May-September from 1 pm until 8 pm. The place was gorgeous! They have a topiary animal hunt, and we only missed a few of them. Below Joshua & I are standing next to the teddy bear which was located near the tennis courts. The gardens were spectacular...but Shawn & I both commented that it would have made for a better romantic date night than a family outing. While we were impressed, the boys were mostly just hot! There was a great place to eat your own picnic, etc. and several areas to explore. After we had finished the walking tour, we stopped at the DQ and split a blizzard (which Caleb missed because he passed out on the way home). Thursday morning, I set my alarm and went for a jog at 6:15 am. It was really refreshing to work out in the morning! When I got back, Shawn left for work and I got the quickest shower ever and fed the boys breakfast. Then the kiddos & I headed to my friend Becca's house. We enjoyed playing with Alayna & Kyla and catching up with our friends. We decided to all head to lunch at Friendly's afterward before heading home for naps.
Thursday night, we had a new babysitter come over to watch the boys. We had met this gal at the playground, where she was watching her younger brother and sister. Miranda is entering high school and seems fantastic with kiddos. When she walked in the door, she chased the kids up to the playroom as they squealed with delight. I had made pizza for them to eat, and she sat next to Joshua and asked his name by guessing a bunch of silly names that made him giggle. He finally told her his name and she said how much she liked it and that they were going to have a great time. Shawn & I were thrilled as we left, feeling like the boys were in good hands. She lives down the street, and I think her mom may work at Roseville Pediatrics (I'll have to ask her next time she comes). Shawn & I dined at Carabba's since it was pouring out and we had a giftcard for that nearby restaurant. It was delicious! Afterward, we got drinks at Barnes & Nobles and walked around a little before heading home for the night. Thank you, Lord, for supplying ALL our needs. I've been praying for a competent babysitter that we can feel comfortable leaving our children with. While the other girls that we had babysit before seemed okay, this gal seemed impressive. Hopefully it works out!I'm so blessed to be married to this wonderful man, who is my best friend. I love him and my boys very much!

No comments: