Saturday, August 8, 2009

To Bounce-U & Back!

Last night we took our boys to BOUNCE-U in Annville. There were two rooms filled with inflatables, from obstacle courses and slides to basketball hoops, skiball and more! The boys were too young for the huge boxing gloves in the one bounce house, but they sure looked like fun!
At first, Joshua was a little too nervous to really enjoy himself. We paid for both kids to get in (since they said that so long as your baby can walk, he can enjoy the bouncing), but I truly think Caleb should be able to jump before he can really fully enjoy himself. He did love going in, though. But, there were times when some obnoxious teenagers came through that we had to protect him. I will say that the 'guards' on duty did a pretty good job at keeping those teens in line, even though their parents were right there saying nothing to them. ???
The first thing Joshua said okay to was the big slide. And, he wanted to continue to go down and go down. First, I went by myself to make sure I could handle the climb and see how it feels to go down. It was pretty thrilling, I must admit. You're pretty high up there and you slide down fast on these sacks. Then I took Caleb with me. Carrying a little guy, the sack, and climbing on these tiny steps up a steep slope was challenging, I'll admit. But worth it when you saw these little guys' faces! The time I went down with Caleb, I almost tipped to the side and caught myself with my arm...only you don't want your arms down (as I found out). All the skin was ripped off my elbow. OUCH!!! What a burn! Thankfully a friend of ours had warned us to wear long pants because going through the obstacle courses gave him brush burn on his knees, he had said. To go back, I would wear a long-sleeved t-shirt along with our pants and socks, even if it was a little warm.
Joshua kept begging to go down the slide more and more, and this was a work-out in and of itself. So, we tried to see if he would go up by himself, and I was able to get him to climb the ladder with the sack (a big accomplishment!) but once he was at the top he was too scared to go down by himself. So, I went with him several times until we decided to go find Daddy & Caleb.
Meanwhile, Caleb was enjoying some of the various bounce-U houses. The most fun I think he had, though, was when we let him on the floor to run. He would go and try to get the fans that kept these things inflated and we were constantly chasing him. He LOVED it! He had no fear of the bounce areas, either, though.
Daddy finally convinced Joshua to go into one of the obstacle courses where he & Caleb were hanging out. He pushed on one of the inflatable towers and said "get out of here!" which Joshua thought was the funniest thing ever. From there on out, Joshua LOVED the obstacle course.He probably spent a good half an hour racing through it, getting down and doing it all over again. The momma, I must admit, did well until I got to the one little ladder. The steps weren't quite big enough for my feet and turning sideways put pressure in a not-so-hot spot of my leg. Daddy pulled me over the wall and down the slide, much to my embarassment, so I didn't go back in that one. Every other thing I did just fine with, though, even with my leg. Here's a picture of Joshua on those infamous stairs, and even his little feet are hanging out over the edge of them!
I jumped with both kids as we tried to shoot hoops in the one bounce house, and Daddy took them to another smaller obstacle course where both kids could slide down the slide. We tried our hand at ski ball (which Joshua didn't really get) and then at the real basketball. Then Joshua begged to go down the slide a few more times before it was time to go. We had a blast!
For all you other mom blog readers, this was great for a cheap date night with the family. Other than the cost of gas getting there - and it took us a little over 45 minutes - we paid $8 for Joshua and $7 for his little brother to get in and nothing for us. Open bounce happens first and third Fridays of the month from 6 to 7:30 pm. Wear long everything and socks!

No comments: