Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You Got It!

Yesterday, I saw this little treasure posted on Craig's List. It has a light underneath that lights up the work area (for tracing, etc) and a light on top, plus lots of storage. It was cheap and located in New Holland, so I emailed about it, and the guy called me and said it was still available. Here he goes to Petra and knew my sister (who's on staff there), and when Shawn went to get it, it was a guy he knew from high school who knew his sister Missy. It is a small world!

Joshua loves his new desk. I thought he would. It's bigger than it looks in this picture (as we found out when Shawn went to pick it up and we fit it into our office!). There's lots of storage for crayons and markers, and it's the perfect size for him. Oh, how I hope he enjoys it! I love "good stuff cheap."

Another funny Bean story that I had to share. This morning, Joshua asked for "peanut butter bread with white butter" (he gets butter and peanut butter confused). I said to him "YOU GOT IT!" and he got very upset. He shouted back at me "No, I don't got it! You got it! I want it!" Haaaa!!! I tried to explain to him that "you got it" is like saying "okay" or agreeing. He didn't get it. He didn't "got it" and he wanted it! Haaa!!! I tried all morning to keep using the expression, but he kept getting more upset so I let it go. He then asked to take a nap, and he's sleeping now (it's 9:30 am).

I've been working with Joshua on learning his date of birth. He came into our room this morning, climbed up in our bed, and said to me "my birthday is September 18." Yes, yes it is! He told Daddy, too. :) :) :) He tells me Caleb is 1 and Joshua is 2. Soon, though, he'll be three. But, he can't hold up three fingers altogehter without letting the fourth pop up. :)

Last night, Caleb went to Bible study with me and he did well the whole time in the nursery. Yeah! He now says "more," "quack," "book," and "up." He jabbers a lot more than that, but those are the distinguishable words. His favorite food is blueberries, but they don't agree with him... enough said. He's definitely not a morning person and usually takes awhile to get half-happy in the morning (the opposite of the Bean). He's loving books these days and thoroughly enjoys being read to, but he also enjoys turning the pages back and forth. I'm taking him to the pediatrician later this morning. Yesterday he started rolling his eyes into the back of his head. I called the doctor concerned, and they said that they should take a look just to be safe. Please keep both boys in your prayers!

No comments: