Thursday, July 23, 2009

Smile...or Quack Up!

Yesterday, I took the boys to Picture People at Park City to get their pictures done. It was the first day I've driven since my surgery, and I was soooo sore afterward that I came home and took a vicodeine (sp?). Hopefully, it doesn't affect my next surgery. I had a coupon for free pictures that expires tomorrow, and I didn't want to miss the opportunity. Below is the one I got.I also loved the following pictures. Mom met me at the mall, and the kids got some play time in the play area by the food court. Then Joshua went back to her house from some one-on-one love while Caleb came home with me for lunch. In the afternoon while the boys napped, I kept my leg elevated above my heart and prayed that my soreness would go away. My friend Lisa came over with a meal for us last night, and I could have cried...God is so good. It tasted delicious and came on a great night when I was hurting.The boys did well, for the most part. I liked many of the pictures, and put them in the order of my favorites on this post. Caleb kept wanting to walk away from the girl, even though he was enjoying himself and Joshua wanted to step right in to take his place. He loves being photographed!Caleb started saying his second word over the weekend. Beyond the mama, dadda, and other baby babbles, Caleb distinctly says "MORE!" We can now add to that, "QUACK!" He loved the duck the boys got on Saturday and now quacks on demand. When we were at the mall playground, he went right up to the duck and said "quack quack quack!" This is a favorite for Shawn & me. We giggle each time at how cute it is!Caleb is also starting to point out pictures in books. He loves the "Kiss Good Night" book we used to read to the Bean and is starting to pick out the bear and the mouse, just like Joshua did at this age. We're also trying to teach Caleb his body parts.The boys love to play together. They are so close! Caleb tries to do everything Joshua does. Sometimes this is amusing to the Bean; other times, it can be frustrating that he has to share. They do often end up laughing with one another.Last night, Shawn said he needed caffeine, so we went to the Starbucks drive-through since we had a coupon. Joshua always asks for his "joker face" song (which to the rest of the world is known as "Poker Face") and then he starts to dance. Last night he kept telling us to watch him dance and then watch Caleb dance. It looked like a scene out of a TV commercial "dah-dah-dah." They were both bopping their heads and smiling away at the music. We giggled...then joined in.Yesterday and today have been rainy, so they haven't been able to do much outside. I think they're both restless. I'm a little tired of being in the house myself, but I'm also too sore to think of wrestling with them out and about. Hopefully soon I'll be feeling 110% better!Tomorrow is my next surgery. Please pray that the boys have fun with Grandma & Shawn over the weekend and that everything goes well!

No comments: