Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Busy Day for a 1-Year-Old

This picture says "I am 1"...
This morning was Caleb's 1-year-well-child check-up. We saw Dr. Kernan at Roseville Pediatrics. Here are his stats, which really surprised me:
Height: 30.25" - 66%
Weight: 21 lbs 3 oz - 26%
Head: 18.27" - 51%
They said that his growth looks normal for him. His last appointment he went to the 50th percentile for height and 25th for weight and this is following along the same curve. Now, I tend to think that Caleb looks gi-normous compared to our Bean, but he's really on the low side too! These were Joshua's stats almost exactly!!!
Everything else going on with Caleb is normal. His reaction to milk is fine; although we're welcome to try soy and see if it reduces his digestive issues. Most of all, it's just important that he gets calcium. So long as that's happening through other food sources, any amount of milk he drinks is fine. Dr. Kernan also thought it was great that he was walking and can say a few words. I also asked about him biting, and she said it will go away on its own when he's able to communicate his frustration more. In general, Caleb is healthy as a horse! Which is good because she said they've been so busy with soooo many sicknesses right now. I guess both cold symptoms and flu symptoms are on the rise for some reason, which she said is rare for summer.After Caleb's doctor's appointment, we went to JCPenney's, where I got another dip. I know that's awful, but I'm just not sure what else to call her. Needless to say, I only ordered one free picture even though there were a couple cute ones because I had no desire to give them any money... she was not friendly, didn't know what she was doing, etc. UGH! What a waste of time! Now we're back, fed and it's just about nap time. Later hopefully we'll be able to play outside. It's gorgeous - in the 70s with a slight breeze and the sun shining. :) :) :)
I'll end this post with a cute story from this morning. The boys awoke just as I was waking up, so they crawled in bed with me and snuggled as I was reading my devotions. Pretty soon I felt a 'zerbert' on my back where my jammies ended. It was Caleb! And it was ticklish! I laughed out loud. Caleb always giggles at zerberts, so I gave him a ton on his belly on the airplane when he was getting restless. Joshua tries to give them (also called raspberries by some) but he pretty much just spits all over and doesn't quite get the impact on your skin. But, Caleb grasped the concept and genuinely surprised me. The three of us laughed and laughed. My boys are silly!

No comments: