Sunday, February 27, 2011

Midweek at McD's

Wednesday morning we woke up before the crack of dawn. Caleb had come to our bed at 1:30 am and I let him stay since Daddy wasn't there. Then Joshua came in extremely early, thinking he was going to curl up with me. They both wanted on Daddy's pillow, and while we snuggled for a little bit, it was fairly short-lived. Joshua went to preschool that morning, and Mamaw came after we got back home to watch Caleb so I could go into the school for parent/teacher conferences. Our Bean is doing GREAT, but I'll post about his progress separately.
When I came home, I visited with Mom (thanks for watching Caleb Luke!) until it was time to leave to pick up the Bean. Grandpa Georgia called and said he was going to grab pizza and take it to Jen's if we'd like to come over and join them for lunch. I said "Absolutely!" The boys had fun playing and eating lunch with their cousins, aunt and Grandpa. Then we came home for naps when it was time for Jen to take Emma to kindergarten.
That evening to keep busy while Daddy was away, we met my friend Becca and her children (Noah, age 5 who attends preschool at Calvary like the Bean but not in his class; Josiah, age 2, who is in Caleb's class for Study 'n Share; and Chloe, 8 months) at McDonald's on the Manheim Pike to eat dinner and play at their indoor playground.
We had a great time! Joshua said his favorites were "playing firetruck and putting out fires with hoses" along with going down the slide and playing air hockey with Noah.
As the boys played, us moms got to chat. Caleb loved shooting basketball. Noah had pulled up this chair (since the boys are too short to reach otherwise) and Caleb kept trying to shoot the ball.
Josiah's pants kept coming off, so eventually he just took them off. Then I think his big brother helped him take off his shirt inside the tubes and tunnels. Becca went up after the clothes and her almost-naked son to re-dress him while I held Chloe. We both giggled.
We left there when it was almost 8 pm, and I took the boys home and got them ready for bed. I took turns snuggling with them, singing songs and saying prayers. And, thankfully, they did well for me and went right to sleep. I felt blessed that we had survived another day without our beloved Daddy. Just as I left the boys room as they were nodding off, the phone rang and it was Daddy. One of his later meetings got canceled, so we had some time to chat. I was thrilled! It sounded like my day had gone better than his, even though he was in sunny FL and I was taking care of the boys back in the cold state of PA. Overall, Wednesday was a fun day. Joshua did wake me up overnight to go potty, but I was able to tuck him back in bed and they both slept relatively well, as did I since I hadn't slept much the night before. We actually all slept in until just after 7 am, which is a record for us!

No comments: