Thursday, February 17, 2011

"A Summer Day With Snow"

We have been experiencing some incredible weather this past week. Monday (Valentine's Day) was in the 50s. I took the boys for a walk, and Joshua said "isn't this like a summer day but with snow?" There is, in fact, still snow on the ground. But, it was a lovely day until it became windy during their nap time (in fact, our recycling bin blew away...DOH!). After our walk, I let the boys play in the garage. They had a great time drumming and riding their little cars, etc.
That night, Daddy got take-out from my favorite Chinese restaurant and chicken nuggets and fries for the boys. I spread out a big sheet in our good living room and lit candles all around. The boys LOVED the candlelit indoor picnic. Joshua still says how much fun it was. After we put our little lovies to bed, we continued with our tradition of watching a scary movie on Valentine's Day. This movie wasn't very scary, but it was about vampires. From what I hear, it's based on a series of novels.
Tuesday Joshua went to preschool, and Caleb enjoyed his time in his classroom as I went to Bible study. That night I made the Hawaiian Pizza Pasta Casserole for dinner. Yesterday Joshua had an extended day at preschool, trying to make up for some of the snow days. So, Daddy asked Caleb & I to join him for lunch. Our little guy was extremely confused at why we didn't pick up his big brother before eating lunch. He thought I had forgotten him, and he kept telling me over and over that it was time to get Joshua. So dear! Last night, Joshua had his follow-up dentist appointment, which I'll post about separately.
Today was another GORGEOUS day! According to the bank near Joshua's preschool, the temperature is 60 degrees even though they were calling for a high of 56. Either way, the sun is shining and it is lovely. Joshua asked if he could skip his coat, and I got our little zippies instead. I still got warm on our walk (after preschool). I let the boys play outside, and Joshua grabbed a shovel while Caleb grabbed a rake and they got lots of dirt everywhere. Part of me says "isn't it great that they can have fun and get muddy" while a bigger part of me goes "what were you thinking?!?! what a mess!!!" But, they were having a blast. They also drew lots of pictures on the driveway and had more fun in their little cars. They put chocolate milk in the gas tank. Not sure how far that will get them! Tonight the Bean has swim lessons again, and I'm looking forward to spending more time outside tomorrow. Thank you, Jesus, for this beautiful weather! Nothing lifts the spirits more than sunshine and SONshine!

No comments: