Thursday, February 10, 2011

Be Strong & Courageous

"Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, 'Be strong and courageous...the Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged.'" Deuteronomy 31:7-8
For the Bible study I'm currently in, we're reading through the Bible again. I can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday that I read the above verses as I was doing my daily 15 pages of reading. It was a good reminder to me that God had not forsaken our little Bean. He would never leave him, and He promised to be with him. I read the passage to Joshua and reminded him to be strong and courageous, not afraid or discouraged.
In subsequent reading this week, I've read in Deuteronomy 34:9 that Joshua was filled with the spirit of wisdom. I also read the following verses:

The Lord said to Joshua "No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous... Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:5-9

"So the Lord was with Joshua, and his fame spread throughout the land." Joshua 6:27
I've read within the past week or so all about Joshua & Caleb from the Bible, and once again I'm thrilled at the names we picked for our two Good boys. I'm praying we find the exact name God has for our third child as well.

On a side note, these pictures were taken Friday after baths. I was taking pictures of how long their hair is since they desperately need a haircut (which they both dislike). Now I think we'll wait until Joshua is less traumatized. I love their silly faces in the last picture. They are good buddies! Thank you, God, for being with my Good boys and encouraging us all.

No comments: