Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy 53-month birthday!

Happy 53-month birthday, Joshua Bean! When I think of all you've been through in less than four and a half years, my heart aches. Daddy & I have talked to God quite often about you! We want you to have a full, happy, healthy and awesome life. Haven't you been through enough already? But, I was reminded of two things this week. One, there are MANY moms out there who aren't as blessed as I am: I went to high school with a girl who buried her baby in December and our sermon on Sunday included parents who lost their teenagers in a car accident. I'm so glad that you, my Joshua, are alive and well, even though missing a couple teeth. Two, I'm reminded how God gave His Son Jesus for our sins. Jesus went through an awful lot as well. While He healed the sick, saved the lost and performed many miracles, He was also beaten, mocked and died on the cross at a young age in front of his mama. God loves you, Joshua. There's no doubt in my mind. And I need to continue to trust and have faith that all of these things will work together for your good.
Today was a beautiful day to celebrate my Bean's 53-month birthday. We spent the entire morning outside, and we have some windows open as the high today is supposed to be in the 60s. Joshua is convinced that winter is gone and spring has come. How I hope that that's the case as well! We will just enjoy each day that God gives us. In fact, I saw a sign on a church driving on route 23 the other day that says "Enjoy this day, compliments of God." I smiled. This is the day that the Lord has made! We will REJOICE and be GLAD in it! The boys always say this every morning, and I think it's a great reminder to us all. Joshua had a rough start to his morning yesterday, but our talk must have sunk in because the minute Daddy came home, the Bean informed him that he wasn't obeying mommy this morning but did much better this afternoon. It was true! That was our day! Today has been a good day. We've all gotten along well, and Joshua has been extremely helpful, calling himself "the bestest helper in the whole wide world." Yep, I agree!
As the boys were riding their little cozy coupes in the driveway, Joshua found a book in our garage for Caleb to carry. He said (and I quote), "Here Caleb, take this and save it for college." I cracked up! Since when did Joshua even know what college was? I laughed and laughed. He is such a silly boy! [Not sure how much a baby book will help Caleb in school, either.] In the meantime, Joshua also took a little watering can, two cow flashlights and a couple books for himself and stuck them all in the back of his little car. He is still quite the hoarder. He then asked me what I was hungry for, and I said "how about some cookies?" He replied "is that it?" Hmmm... it got me thinking. What sounded good was a cheeseburger sub and oatmeal raisin cookies. He said "I'll be right back!" and brought me the pretend variety. That's the low-calorie way of satisfying a craving! ;-)
The boys and I walked all around the neighborhood. Soon enough when we walk, Joshua won't ride in the stroller but will have to walk with me as baby will be in there!
They also played more in the dirt next to our house. I think when spring officially arrives, we'll have to plant some flowers there and let the boys help. I think they'd get a kick out of it. Hopefully some day they will enjoy the yard work and I won't have to do it!
Joshua is doing really well at preschool. Mrs. Dearborn said that he shared about his accident this past week during their time with a dentist who came to visit the classroom (one of the students' moms). He also LOVED some snakes that they had (I'm hoping the fake variety). Next week the reptile friends man goes to visit the school. Joshua enjoyed the presentation last year, so I know he'll like it again.
The evening of his birthday we went to our friend Chris & Lisa's house. We hadn't hung out with them since this summer, and Joshua & Caleb both had a blast playing with Isabella. It was nice to catch up with them again! Overall, it was a great day! Happy 53-month birthday, my little love!

No comments: