Monday, February 14, 2011

The Love of My Life


I can't tell you how often I tell Shawn that I don't think he's "real" - he's simply too good to be true. I tell him that I'm onto how God put an angel on earth because no one else would be this amazing, and he's not really fooling me. He just smiles. But, then I read earlier this year as I'm going through the Bible again (in fact I read it twice) and I thought "AH-HA! I was right!" Genesis 6:4 says "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days - and also afterward - when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

Now, I'm not saying that Shawn is perfect because only Jesus Himself was perfect. But even the little flaws that Shawn have make him all the more likeable. He can't see well without his glasses; I often don't catch everything with my hearing. We say that we are each others' eyes and ears. He is so patient, so generous, so loving and full of grace. I just can't get over how such an incredible man would even think of marrying someone like me. There are many days that it just boggles my mind. But, I am thankful! If God did provide one of his own sons, then I'm grateful to the Giver for this amazing gift.
Shawn & I realized last night that this is our 12th Valentine's Day spent as a couple. In the words of our sons "that's a lot!" But, here's to hoping there's 12,000 more before Jesus takes us home. I am thrilled to be in love this Valentine's Day with the most amazing man I've ever met. Here are the flowers that were delivered to me at lunch time today:

Below are a couple songs that have been on the radio lately (or within the past year) that I've enjoyed and remind me of Shawn. The first one, I'll admit, wasn't my favorite the first time I heard it. But, it's grown on me. I especially like the bridge, and I put the words to it below the youtube video. The second song I liked the minute I heard it, and not because I think Shawn needs to do a better job but on the contrary - I think he does a great job as being head of the household and taking care of me and the boys. We are blessed. Enjoy them both! Happy Valentine's Day!

Dancing in the Minefields by Andrew Peterson


Bridge:
So when I lose my way, find me
When I lose loves chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith
to the end of all my days
when I forget my name, remind me



Lead Me by Sanctus Real

No comments: