Friday, February 25, 2011

While Daddy's Away, the Boys Will Play!

Our fun this week started on Monday when we met our friends Julie, Jude and Kate for breakfast at Oregon Dairy. They were able to seat us in the back room where the train comes round and round and we're not amongst all the older people who may not appreciate the squealing delight of little ones at the train. We've been praying for friends of ours Julie & Jim every night so Joshua kept saying we were seeing Julie, Jim and Kate. Then he would say "What's Julie's boy's name again?" So, I began to sing silly songs with Jude's name in them - we're going to enjoy some food with our little friend Jude, don't talk until after you've chewed, when you're playing with Jude. Eventually, he remembered. So cute! After enjoying the delicious pancakes and warm butter syrup, our friends came back to our house to play until lunch time.
Overnight Monday to Tuesday we got snow again. It was a rude awakening after such gorgeous weather the week before. Since Joshua had a delay, our Bible study was canceled once again. Bummer! My sister invited us over for lunch and to play after Joshua's preschool was done. She also agreed to watch Caleb for me that afternoon while I took Joshua to the dentist. I'll post about that visit another time since it's still a little upsetting to me - please pray for wisdom for us as parents and our little Bean and his teeth! Caleb enjoyed his time at Aunt Jen's even though it was his typical nap time. When we got home, the boys each took a much shorter-than-usual nap, but at least it was something!
That evening we met our friends Lisa & Isabella at the mall for dinner and a play date. Since Chris works evenings, they were free to hang out! The kids ate dinner from Burger King while I enjoyed some Chinese and Lisa grabbed Q'doba. The boys ate their entire dinner quickly as they were anxious to play. They had a blast running, jumping and climbing! I also saw some folks from preschool that I have passed in the halls but don't really know.
It never ceases to amaze me how many parents simply dump their kids off there and let them alone while they shop. The rules clearly state that all children need to be supervised. Why don't parents fear their child getting kidnapped, taking off or getting into trouble? Typically, these kids are the worst behavior-wise, from my observation. UGH! Thankfully, our kiddos had fun with no injuries. It was nice time. We left around 7:30 so we could come home and get ready for bed.

Joshua asked me on the way home if I would be lonely. I asked what he meant, and he said I wouldn't have anyone to snuggle in my bed. I smiled. He was truly concerned that I was going to be sad. I told him I'd be alright. I took turns snuggling with them, and the Bean was upset that Daddy wasn't there, but he didn't give me a hard time. They both went right to sleep... only Caleb came over around 1:30 am and crawled into my bed. The rest of the night I got kicked from my youngest son inside the womb and my middle child on the outside. That was okay because I didn't really sleep all that well anyway. Pregnancy sure brings on the STRANGE dreams. Sometimes they're amusing while other times they're downright upsetting. Either way, we had a nice beginning to our week without Shawn, and our plans weren't finished yet!

No comments: