Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hair Cuts, Silly Games & Laughter

On Saturday night, we cut the boys hair finally. I told Daddy that was my main goal for the day, and he agreed to give it a try that evening. When I said that Joshua's still looked too long at the bottom, he let me try it for the first time, giving me the shortest clipper we have. My first shot I said "WHOOPS!" And, I'm glad that hair grows back in. I did get it a little too high for how short that area is, and it didn't blend too well. Shawn is glad I have a new appreciation for how difficult it is to cut hair on a moving target. Joshua went first and then it was Caleb's turn. Caleb did NOT want to stay still. Being still is right up there with torture for him. I said, guess how many fingers Joshua is holding up, and Joshua thought this game was a fantastic idea! He was already in the bathtub at this point, and he would hold up various fingers (although he kept coming back to the number ten so he could have them all up). Each time he would count out loud how many fingers he had to make sure he knew before asking us, so we always got the answer right. Then he would say with a very surprised voice "WOW! You guys are really good at this game." Shawn & I laughed and laughed. He is such a silly Bean!
After showering the boys, both Daddy & I each took a shower because we were all covered in hair. [I also cleaned the bathroom since it was a mess with hair from both boys!] On Sunday morning, Joshua came in before the crack of dawn and climbed into bed with us. Caleb wasn't too far behind him. As we laid there and chatted, Joshua looked down at Daddy's chest that he was snuggling on. He said "Daddy! You still have hair from me & Caleb all over you!" Haaaa!!! I laughed so hard. No, that's Daddy's hair. And Grandpa Georgia will tell you that it takes a real man to have hair on his chest. Haaa!!!

The other favorite game in our household these days is thinking of words that start with the letters of the alphabet. We'll start with "A" and Joshua will say "ape" while Caleb picks "apple." I love how Joshua praises us for picking a "GOOD WORD!" for the letter we're on. Joshua moves pretty quickly through the alphabet, so Caleb falls behind. He said "How about 'duckie?' That's a good word!" Which it was when we were on the letter 'D' but at that point we were already onto the letter 'T.' That said, the fact that he knows his letters and sounds at age 2 is already good; I don't expect him to keep up with a fast-paced word game. The other night we were driving in the car and playing, and we moved on from 'C' to 'D.' I said, "who's sitting next to me?" thinking that they would answer "Daddy!" Joshua instead replied, "Cow?" (which we had just said from the letter C). Haaa!!! Shawn & I chuckled. "No, silly, that's D-D-Daddy; we already finished letter C." And the boys laughed too. I love my little boys and this stage of life! I like every stage, though, honestly. Fun times!

No comments: