Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sleepy Time Tales

Friday night as we were tucking the boys in, Caleb turned to me and said "You're the best mommy ever!" How sweet is that? I thought to myself, "my life is complete." I smiled at him and he smiled back.
That same night, Joshua asked me to snuggle him even longer. I was holding him, and he said "don't go yet." I remembered that he won't always want to cuddle as he gets older, so I stayed. Then I quietly asked "can I go now?" His response was "Hold me a little longer." You got it! I waited some more and then whispered "should I keep holding you or can I go?" He didn't respond, so I knew he had finally fallen asleep. It was a sweet time with my sweet boy as I remembered rocking him to sleep as a baby. Now that he's bigger, I don't get to cuddle him until he's sleeping typically, but I highly enjoyed it that night.
I'm thinking it was Saturday night then, that these pictures were taken. Caleb did NOT want to lay down and go to sleep. We went into the boys' room after tucking them in and discovered Caleb on the floor, laughing away at being silly and trying to curl up with his blanket there. When I took a picture of his goofiness (in the complete dark, only lit up by the flash of our camera), Joshua asked me to also get one of him in his bed (see above). When I went to tuck Joshua in, he said "Mama, you're getting so big! Soon you won't fit in my bed." I frowned, but he didn't see it. Then I told Shawn who just laughed. Yes, my belly is getting big. And to the Bean, that's great! When he eats and is "growing bigger" he is super excited! So, he thought he was paying me a huge compliment. I, on the other hand, wasn't so thrilled by the idea. The reason we needed to squeeze together is how many toys he insists on taking to bed. You can see the bag in the above picture just filled with them, let alone the others piled around. Silly boy!
I love my kids always, but they are particularly sweet at night...

No comments: