Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Turkey Feathers, Painting & More!

The last Thursday of October, Joshua's preschool teacher sent home a 'turkey' feather for us to decorate together. He said he wanted to paint his blue, so we started with the paint (as his dinosaur watched). Notice that he got a little on his finger and was a little disturbed at the mess.
Caleb, while he didn't have a turkey feather, had a great time painting on construction paper.
Who wouldn't love a little face like this? Notice how long his hair was...
The boys highly enjoyed painting. In fact, they said that was their favorite activity that day when we asked them (we completed the project on Monday, November 1). When the paint was drying, I called Grandma to see if she'd like to meet us at Michael's. I had a 50% off coupon that was good that day only, and I thought it might be fun to get something else to snazz up the turkey feather. She agreed to meet us, and we walked all around until I found some items. My total bill came to about $3 - only I left my wallet in the car! I was horrified! Thankfully she had hers on her (not that I couldn't have run back out to the car to grab it). Oh, how pregnancy brain is already in full swing!
I was just going to put a big "J" sticker on Joshua's feather, but he asked that we put his entire name on the front. I helped him line up the letters. Then I stuck dots of glue on as he picked the pom-pom colors and placed them over the glue. Here was his finished feather:
After he had painted his feather, I gave him some construction paper to paint more. They had a fun time with the craft! In fact, I need to buy more construction paper because it's great for painting, cutting and so many more projects.
Here are some other crafts Joshua has done at school that I thought were cute. The first is a puppy bag. He puts his hand in to use it as a puppet and bark. Then we started storing letters that he cut out from magazines of his name that we'll make into something one of these days:
 The next that I thought was adorable was this little turkey. How cute is his hand print? LOVE it!
And even this little corn was a cute idea. I have so many more (he recently made a paper ice cream cone and pizza which I have to take pictures of yet), but here are a couple highlights.
Enjoy the crafts!

No comments: