Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby's First Pictures

Last Thursday, November 4, I had my first ultrasound. Based on the measurements they took, my due date of June 11 was confirmed. I'll schedule the c-section for the week before that, and I'm praying that the baby gets his or her own birthday. My second ultrasound is scheduled for December 2 at Maternal Fetal Medicine. Please pray that the baby continues to grow and is healthy, or as Joshua put it "that the she would grow big and strong like me!" I smiled at this prayer the other night. He is such a good big brother!

This week cartilage forms in the baby, and the basic structure of the eye is well underway. In addition, the tongue begins to develop. The intestines start to move out of the umbilical cord and into the abdomen as the body grows and makes room. The fingers and thumb have appeared but are short and webbed. Next week the joints form and the baby begins to move inside the womb (according to pregnancy week-by-week). Also according to that website, morning sickness MAY begin to ease by next week. I'm praying for it to go away ASAP. I have never been so sick (or at least that I remember), which is making me lazy and grumpy. I hate both of those feelings, along with sickness in general, so pray that this passes and becomes a distant memory as we enjoy watching our third child grow. I must say, God's craftsmanship is amazing! I am trying to remember to think about whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8). After all, there is so much to celebrate and be thankful for.

No comments: