Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Amazing Husband

This post is long overdue, but better late than never! The last Sunday in October, I served on the worship team with Jill, one of the women from our life group. While we were back stage in between sets, she asked me how long Shawn & I were married. She told everyone in the room how Shawn is so loving toward me. She noted things like "they always sit together and either hold hands or he has his arm around her and it's not just that but even the way he looks at her when she speaks." I remember the worship leader saying something like Shawn makes them all (the rest of the room was filled with guys) look bad and laughed. But, I knew Jill was giving us a huge compliment. 

It reminded me of our pre-marital counseling sessions with Pastor Mark & Abby, and how Mark told us that we would model Christ's love for the church and vice versa. I've never forgotten how special that word was for us, and Shawn has definitely lived up to his end of that promise. He is an incredible husband, and I realized once again just how blessed I am. 

Lately as I've felt sick, napped most days to help alleviate my nausea and exhaustion, and been fairly grumpy, I haven't felt very love-able. But, Shawn has had the utmost grace for me, and he keeps reminding me that we just have to get through this first trimester (hopefully!). He's helped with the boys, he's picked up pineapple juice that I've been craving, he's listened to me complain, and he's been gracious on days when I haven't felt like doing some of the typical housework chores. I am so thankful for my hardworking, ever supportive, loving and all-around-amazing husband. He is truly a gift from God. I don't deserve him, but I'm so grateful that he's in my life. And I can't imagine being without him.

No comments: