Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Pickinz 2010

Saturday, October 16, we went to the Pumpkin Picking event at Oregon Dairy, which we have done for the past couple years. I'll admit that it was COLD that morning and extremely windy. But, we didn't let that stop us from having fun! I think it stopped many other families from coming out, but that worked in our favor since we didn't have any lines then.
They changed the location this year to the other side of the farm. When we found it, we stood in the short line and got on the horse-drawn wagon over to the pumpkin patch.
We let the boys pick out a pumpkin. Thinking Caleb would need help, I suggested a little one for him. He ended up handing it to Daddy, and then he went and got his own. "I do it myself!" So, Daddy put down the other one and we let each one have his own little pumpkin. Unfortunately, Caleb's dropped on the tractor-drawn wagon on the way back from the pumpkin patch, and his little stem fell off. Oh well!
We didn't stay long looking at the pumpkins since it was chilly, but they had many events inside the barn, which was protected from the wind. Here are a couple pictures we snapped along the way:

Once we were finished, we took the pumpkins inside to decorate. Joshua painted one side of his green, put a pom-pom nose on the other side along with glued on eyes, he glued on some paper hair, and then he added a few stickers for flair. Daddy helped Caleb cover his in stickers (no mess, no clean-up!).
Then the kids played for a long time at the corn tables, which were also indoors. Joshua really wanted to go through the hay tunnel maze, but I was afraid he'd become scared once inside, and I had no desire to crawl through this thing myself. So, I suggested that we wait another year for that. They're still young enough to enjoy the corn tables anyway.
They also both got to do a barrel ride. Last time I was there (over the summer), I didn't let Caleb go on because I feared that he was too little and that he would climb out. This time, though, with Daddy along, we prayed for our little guy and sent him along with his big brother. They both had a blast!!! And it was a long ride!

Soon we had finished all the activities for the morning and decided to head home since it was near lunch time. We had a fun morning despite the wind!

No comments: