Friday, October 8, 2010

A 'Fair' Friday

On Friday, October 1, we debated on what to do for the evening. We ended up doing pizza for dinner and heading to the New Holland Fair. Unfortunately, it was PACKED! We do not enjoy shoulder-to-shoulder crowds very much, but I had wanted to check it out. The boys saw the ride above and begged to go on. It was $3 per kid per ride for all the rides, which was a little steep for us. We agreed to let them each ride two rides and got in line for the tickets. In the meantime, we ran into my sister Becky and her husband Tim. They walked with us the couple feet between the ticket booth and rides and enjoyed watching them go round and round. 

Next was the carousel. I had woken up with a terrible headache that day (I'm assuming from all the pressure changes due to the rain the day before), and I told Shawn that I didn't really feel like going round and round. He agreed to take both boys himself. But, as Caleb was climbing up, he smacked his head on the horse's hoof. He bawled to the point that Shawn took him off the ride and gave him back to me. It must have really, really hurt because he didn't stop crying. We tried walking for a little bit more to see what else was there, but the crowds didn't let us get real far. We decided to call it a night. It was just after 8 pm, which is bedtime anyway. So, we said our goodbyes to Aunt Becky & Uncle Tim, who the boys were just beginning to warm up to, and headed home. 

In saying all that, I'm thankful for a husband who works all day (and all week, for that matter) and still tries to do things as a family even though I'm sure he's beat. It's nice to have a partner in raising the kids. Not everyone is so lucky, and I feel very blessed. I love Shawn and my boys!

No comments: