Monday, October 4, 2010

All Wet!

Thursday morning after sleeping in our own beds, we woke up to the sound of rain. Heavy rain, to say the least. I thought about keeping Joshua home from preschool, but he said he really wanted to go. It was Mrs. Dearborn's birthday, and she gave him a little cat silly band (each student got one from her as their 'birthday treat,' which I thought was sweet). Caleb and I were SOAKED taking the Bean and picking him up. In the meantime, I returned the book I had borrowed and got two more in that same series. I finished one that evening on Rahab. Now I'm reading the last one, which is about Ruth.
I was genuinely surprised when I got an email notice saying that the University closed due to rain. I'd never heard of such a thing before! But, I was looking on WGAL at the weather, and I saw that there were hundreds of pictures posted with cars under water, trees down, roads closed, creeks and streams flooded, etc. In fact, one picture had a man kayaking in his backyard. I read many facebook posts about basements flooding, and I was thankful for the night off. As I read the news, I saw that Millersville's pond overflowed. I think it was a wise choice for them to cancel - why risk lives unnecessarily? And, I saw many local school districts closing early on Thursday and delaying the opening of school on Friday for safety purposes. It was one heck of a storm! Thankfully, we stayed in that day other than going to and from preschool. One of my friends said our house was pictured online, but I couldn't find it. I did see the first picture on this post, though, which is from our development. I think the weather was worse than I even thought. But, it made for a good napping day! And I was grateful for a day off to be at home with my family.

No comments: