Thursday, October 14, 2010

10/10/10

Sunday was October 10, 2010 or 10/10/10. I love special little dates like this. I woke up at 4 am and could NOT get back to sleep. I ended up waking Shawn up at 6:30 and we snuggled together until it was time to get ready for church.

It was a beautiful day! After church, I took the boys for a walk. We picked up some leaves along the way to make leaf drawings. I had seen a suggested activity where you stick a leaf underneath a piece of paper and color over it to make the impression. We decided to give it a try!
The boys didn't necessarily color over the leaf, but they enjoyed the idea of leaf coloring. Joshua called it leaf-painting, but he was trying to trace his hands with the crayons. Caleb loved coloring outside.
 Since I wanted to see if the leaves would actually make the impression, I decided to sit and join them.
 They do leave an impression, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Here are some of the leaves that I used and what the paper looked like afterward.
We continued to play outside until it was nap time. Shawn continued to enjoy the outdoor weather. It was a gorgeous fall day! After the boys woke up, we headed to our second life group meeting. This time, the leaders split the huge group into two smaller groups for discussion, which I thought worked well.
After life group, we went to the Brickyard to watch the Braves play for a little bit before heading home. Unfortunately, Shawn's team didn't win, but we still enjoyed our time out.
The following day was Columbus Day. Grandpa Georgia came over in the morning to show me some info about stock options just for fun, and then he let me go for a run to the park again since I hadn't gone that morning (it's so dark and cold in the mornings, it's hard to stay motivated). But in the afternoon, it was another gorgeous day!
Happy fall! Happy 10/10/10!

No comments: