Friday, October 2, 2009

Wake Me Up When September Ends

The title of this post was from a song Shawn likes. September is officially over. Last Friday night, I met Becca, Angie & Melanie at the Olive Garden for girl's night out (Lisa, the other gal in our small group, stayed home to celebrate her hubby's birthday) in honor of Melanie and her baby. We had a fun time! I looked up the calories of their food before going, and I couldn't believe that a bowl of soup there is only 130 calories! I was thrilled!


Saturday was Lake Tobias, as I posted about already, and Sunday we went to LHOP to church in the morning in hopes of seeing some old friends. That afternoon Shawn went to his friend Mike's house to watch the football game and had a nice time. Later that night, we went to his nephew Grant's birthday party. The kids painted pumpkins, which was cute. We had fun.


Monday Joshua had preschool, and I gave two exams that evening. Mom watched the boys for me until Shawn came home, which the boys always enjoy. Tuesday morning, Aunt Missy visited to give Joshua his belated birthday gift. He loved the games!

That evening, I had a dentist appointment (no cavaties, yeah!) and then we went out on a date to the Prince Street Cafe. Our babysitter watched the boys while I was at the dentist, and Shawn said he came home and they were outside playing. Miranda was teaching them how to roll down a hill. He started dinner for them, and she offered to finish when I got home. He picked the venue, and it was a cute little place. I knew several folks there, including some former and current students. The food was delicious, the drinks were amazing (hot chai is my favorite!), and the company was out of this world. We had a really nice time. When I took Miranda home, she told me that she's adjusting to a new school, Lancaster Catholic High. She said she's agnostic and she liked her old school Manheim Township better, but her mom thought this would be a better choice for her. Please pray for her - specifically that she would come to know the Lord. I think she's a great, responsible young lady, and I can't imagine going through life without knowing Jesus!


Wednesday was preschool again - this week was "blue" week and they did lots of artwork from pasting pieces of blue paper to look like clouds to cutting circles. They are also learning about creation this week, and I asked Joshua about what he was learning in school. He told me "God turned on the lights." Haaa!!! I said, "Yes, and it was GOOD!" Hee hee. That kiddo makes me laugh all the time. Nonie watched the boys at our house while I had class that afternoon and evening until Shawn got home. Thankfully I was able to finish grading papers during my office hours. This coming Monday I have a special speaker coming to class that I'm excited about.


Yesterday was Joshua's doctor's appointment, and last night my friend Lisa came over and we started a new Bible study by Beth Moore called "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things." I'm looking forward to learning more! Well, I should run. More soon!

No comments: