Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cowboy Cuties

Here are the boys dressed up like cowboys. I saw the vest with the sheriff's badge for $3 on Craig's List, and I couldn't resist. Aunt Missy had given Joshua this hat a long time ago for a holiday, and Caleb's little shirt says "Cowboy Tigger." So, when we woke up and it was rainy out, I thought it would be a fun day to play dress up.

I realized that I haven't been posting much on happenings. Now it's hard to remember. Our life group started back up, and we're studying Discipline by James Dobson. I may have mentioned that before. Not sure! We're hosting our group on 11/1.

MOPS is also back up and running, and this past Tuesday I got my flu shot at MU and then went straight there. We had a really nice time. The group was smaller since several folks couldn't make it for one reason or another, and I actually preferred it that size. There were two gals I knew and two gals that we got to know better. It was a nice morning out. 

On Thursday, we went to Pumpkin World (which I already posted about) and then that night our neighborhood was shut down for the annual Costume Parade. I LOVE our development. The kids got ready at the school behind our house, and we got our chairs out and sat with our neighbors to watch the little parade go by. We saw Mrs. Ford, Joshua's preschool teacher, and my sister and her crew along with other neighbors and children. The kids (and us adults) really enjoyed it. For dinner, Daddy ran back and bought us some homemade chicken corn noodle soup from the various vendors for the fun night. Yum! We also learned that two houses in our development had been broken into during the day, but thankfully our house was protected. We've heard of lots of crime in Manheim Township lately, but this was the closest it's been. We thank God for His guarding of our home and lives.
 
Jen had asked me to pick up Faith on Friday at the elementary school since she was on a field trip with Emma's class. We walked back to get her, and she & Joshua giggled at each other the whole way home. She begged for a peanut butter & jelly sandwich (sure! that's easy!) and I realize it's because they don't have anything with peanuts in their house because Daniel is allergic. She also asked to play hide 'n seek, but just about that time, her mom was there to pick her up. Next time! After she went home, we played cowboys.  
They played 'round up' with their loot, a new "toy" that Daddy got them. This is our version of an indoor sandbox. It's a plastic bin with a lid that Daddy filled with a mixture of dry corn, peanuts and seeds. They have their shovels, scoops & bowls and enjoy playing in it. Now, Caleb tends to get it everywhere but Joshua is very careful with this fun toy. We also are concerned with Caleb not eating it. But, they highly enjoy it!

No comments: