Thursday, October 8, 2009

Last Week

On Friday, October 2, our babysitter Miranda came at 5:45 pm and Shawn & I left to pick up my car from being inspected (which it didn't need anything, praise God!!!). Afterward, we dropped off my ride at the house and headed to First Friday in Lancaster. We stopped by City Gate Lancaster to see some folks we knew and check out the artwork, then we dined at Prince Street Cafe again. It was wonderful! We chatted away and enjoyed the atmosphere. Then we walked the streets of the city until we felt a few drops and knew we'd better start heading back to the car. Thankfully the rain held off the several blocks we needed to walk until we were in the warm car with heated seats. It was a wonderful date night. The boys also enjoyed their time, and Miranda took them to the playground at the school behind our house.
Here's Joshua "helping" Caleb put on his Crocs. Joshua put his own on with no problems, then he got the chair and started to help Caleb, much to my amusement. I had to grab the camera!

On Saturday, I got my hair done first thing in the morning. Did I mention how much I like my new hairdresser? After I got home, Shawn left to go to a card show with his brother and I took the boys shopping with me & my mom. Joshua was NOT happy, so we weren't gone very long. That afternoon, it was a gorgeous day and Shawn gave me time to go for a jog to the park. It was lovely! When I got home, I volunteered to mow the lawn and let Shawn have more time with the boys. For the first time, he agreed to let me do the whole thing. I enjoyed it, other than forgetting to change my sneakers, which are now green. Dangit!
Here's Joshua riding in his new 'special' car that we bought off Craig's List for $5. Caleb & Joshua both loved the one car we had, so we decided to buy another one so they could each have their own.

Sunday I met some friends from college at King of Prussia for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Suz & Carolyn live in Jersey, so this was the half way point for us. I hadn't seen Carolyn or Jen for over eight years! It was fun catching up and eating our delicious lunch. I wish I had remembered to take out my camera while I was there. I didn't really think about how old we were until Carolyn said "See you when we're 40!" Oh my God! That's really how quickly it goes!!!
That afternoon I went for another run and then we enjoyed some time together as a family. Monday was Joshua's preschool, and we were asked to bring in helmets so they could ride tricycles there. Only two of us moms remembered, so Joshua was one of the only kids who was allowed to ride the bikes. Mrs. Hilton said he enjoyed it for a little while but then wanted to play with the other kids. Shawn had started teaching him how to pedal over the weekend, and he was really getting the hang of it!
Here is Joshua's mum in full bloom.

Mom watched the boys thereafter while I went to school. That night, WLAN FM97 Radio Personality Damian Rhodes was a special speaker during my advertising classes. I had one communications class with him while I was in school at MU, and I remembered him since he was already on the radio at the time (Damian Rhodes is not his real name). I emailed him and asked if he would be willing to come back to campus and share his experience with advertising and radio, and surprisingly he agreed. He did a fantastic job and was really well prepared, having created spots to share with folks, explaining the process of production, talking about how to creatively think outside the box for script creation, speaking about how he got started in radio, and answering a bunch of questions. It was really interesting, even for me, as I learned some new things about the industry. He was sooo nice, and I was honored that he would come in and waste his afternoon and evening in my classes. The students loved it, and I was appreciative.

No comments: