Saturday, October 17, 2009

The-Hers-Day

Last Thursday, I met with some girlfriends from when I was in youth group at Petra. I went to high school with two from the group and the other three went to LMH. We were extremely close back in the day, and we always enjoy times where we can get together and catch up. Our friend Kris was down from NY, and she just announced she's expecting their first child after some help via fertility medicine. We were thrilled for them since they've been trying for seven years now! We all took little gifts to Oregon Dairy, where we met for breakfast (only one of the gals couldn't make it). We had a fun time talking about kids, husbands, church, our lives, growing older, etc. It was nice to get together! Here's a picture of us from 2001 when only one of us was married (Cheryl, now mother of four) and the rest were either dating or engaged (Shawn & I got engaged just after the photo was taken in October).


Before my morning out, I had a doctor's appointment about my legs. Unfortunately, my surgery is postponed since there are still some serious clots in the veins that have to go away and the inflammation has to die down. So, I have to call and reschedule for January - again, so long as everything looks good. UGH! Here's the comparison picture of us all (minus poor Jess) from this past Thursday. I can't believe we're all in the same position!!! Weird!


Breakfast was nice! And my mom watched the boys so I could go to the doctors and see my friends, which I really appreciated. :)

That night Daddy treated us to Infinito's Pizza Buffet for supper. The kids ate really well there, and we enjoyed a night out even though it was POURING and FREEZING! All I want to do lately is eat, sleep and hibernate. This weather is not good for dieting! Please pray for me! :)

No comments: