Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Nice Visit


Where to start? First, I'll start with Joshua's appointment on Thursday to see Dr. Devenyi, his reflux doctor. Joshua now weighs over 30 pounds! 30.2 pounds to be exact (although again that's clothed). The doctor commented that stature is a lot different than length, so his height will seem goofy until we get used to him standing up to be measured. They are comfortable with his weight gain and with his growth progress - he's stayed in the 25th percentile most of his life. So, they are going to wean him off his Prevacid medicine. For three months we're going to give him half a capsule and then take him off completely. If he complains of pain, vomits, stops eating or chews his food but refuses to swallow, we'll know that he still needs the meds. If not, he could have outgrown it. At the next appointment, the doctor will decide if another operation is necessary to see how he's handling the lack of medicine. I'm hoping not! It was a good visit, other than Joshua telling me he had to go potty right as we walked in the door and me not finding it in time. Ugh!

riday Grandma & Grandpa drove up from Florida (well, they started the day before) and made it into town right after dinner. I spent the day cleaning, not really because they were coming but more because I knew it needed done since I wasn't sure how our weekend would go.


Saturday morning we had planned to go to Oregon Dairy's Pumpkin Pickin' Fest, but it rained so we didn't make it; although, two other couples in our group went anyway. I was bummed we missed it. We went to lunch with Grandma & Grandpa at Freeze 'n Frizz and then Shawn & I took Caleb home so he could nap while Joshua stayed with the Ginders and went to the Petting Zoo & the Strasburg Railroad. Once again, Joshua was able to ride the train, and he LOVED it! That afternoon, I went to my friend Kristina's surprise 30th birthday party at Terre Hill Park. When I came home, I went for a jog and then we met the Bean and the grandparents at Applebee's for supper.

Sunday morning, I went shopping with my mom for a little while. I needed sneakers in the worst kind of way, so we went to the mall. I got a couple of new shirts, which was nice, and a scarf. I always have a good time shopping with my mom, and luckily I was able to find a good pair of running sneakers. When I came home, Grandma & Grandpa Ginder, Aunt Missy and Great Grandma Kennel were there, which was a surprise. It was nice to visit with them. After they left, we put the boys to bed and our babysitter came to watch them while we went to Life Group. This session is on Discipline by Dr. James Dobson and I'm looking forward to it. We had a great time catching up with friends, and Becca made an amazing meal for all of us. It's our turn to host the first weekend in November, so I'll have to try and think of something to serve. :)


Monday was "yellow" day at Joshua's preschool, and he was dressed like Daddy in a button-down yellow shirt with blue stripes and blue dress pants. Daddy wore his similar shirt to work. :) I'm so glad the Bean loves school! I wish I had taken more pictures. Our camera batteries are pretty well dead and I keep forgetting to change them. That evening we went out to the Lititz Family Cupboard with Grandma Ginder & Aunt Missy since Grandpa had a business meeting. He stopped in at our house afterward to pick up Grandma visit for a little while.

We went out to lunch with Grandma & Grandpa yesterday at Oregon Dairy and played on the playground for a little while before naptime. Then Shawn treated us to dinner at Friendly's last night before we headed to the bed & breakfast where the grandparents were staying to give Grandpa his birthday gift and wish them a safe journey home. We'll see them again in November right after my surgery to celebrate Great Grandma's 90th birthday and Christmas all in one shot. It was a busy but nice weekend!

No comments: