Sunday, October 4, 2009

EEG Scheduled

Lil' Caleb Luke will go in to the Neuro-something unit this Tuesday morning for an EEG, which looks at his brain waves to see if there's anything indicating that his eye rolling episodes are seizures. I'm so thankful we have such amazing medical care right here in Lancaster County! This test will be done at the Health Campus that's only about five minutes from our house.

They won't sedate him since he's a little guy, so they asked me to keep him up as much as possible the night before so he's good and tired and passes out. They said they get more accurate results when the patient is sleeping. Please pray that I can stay awake to keep him up and that he sleeps for his test! Also pray that everything is normal and that he's okay. We have an appointment with a Pediatric Neurologist that I'd love to cancel if everything looks good. I have peace that he's okay, but I always want to do whatever is necessary to make sure these little guys are taken care of - I love them soooo much!

While you're reading this, please take a moment and say a prayer for Caleb (and Joshua! It never hurts!). I'll keep you updated on what we find out.

The following link is to a video with a song I used to sing over Joshua when he was fighting for his life in the NICU. While I don't think this situation is nearly as serious, the song came to mind and I thought I would share. It's called "He's My Son" by Mark Schultz.
http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=584cfcaf08fd7c751a05&sp=1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying--for alertness tonight, sleep tomorrow, accurate results, and most of all God's peace to overwhelm you! I love you all!
Suz