Monday, October 26, 2009

Falling More in Love

Friday night, our babysitter Miranda came over to watch the boys, and Shawn & I went out to dinner. All we ordered was soup, so it was a cheap & relatively healthy date, and the company was fantastic as usual. :) After dinner, we stopped in at the new Best Buy in town. Shawn had tried to go there one time with the boys by himself while I was at school, but he didn't have much luck since Caleb decided to give him a 'present' while they were there. Joshua told me all about the 'music store,' which is the back room with all the pianos, guitars and drums. It was probably the coolest section of the store, in my opinion. Daddy likes all the electronics, of course.  
On Saturday, I met a couple friends I used to work with for lunch in Berks County. Again, I ate relatively cheaply and healthily, but it was nice to catch up. The drive wasn't bad on the way there, but it was ugly on the way home with construction. That night after I exercised, Shawn made dinner. What a man! Even though it was pouring outside, he grilled on our enclosed back porch and it was tasty. :) [On a side note, I LOVE this picture of Joshua. How cute is he in mid-jump!] 
Sunday was a really fun family day. The sun came out and it was beautiful! I went for a run, and it was sooo nice! We also went to Home Depot to buy some miscellaneous items we needed for the house, and Daddy took Joshua to the potty there. The Bean was proud of himself for using the potty at the 'potty store.' Haaa!!! After we were done shopping and browsing, I suggested we take the kids through the Christmas section of the store. They LOVED it! All the trees were lit up and they have all the yard inflatables set up. Joshua found Thomas with gifts from Sodor, and he thought this was so cool! We think yard inflatables are tacky, but I can see why families buy them now since Joshua thought they were neat. (Still, you won't be seeing any in our yard anytime soon.) Caleb went down for an early nap and when he woke up, we decided to eat lunch at El Rodeo on Manheim Pike. I suggested it because of the bright colors, figuring the boys (especially Joshua) would think it was a hoot. Unfortunately, the Bean was pretty tired at this point and ready for his own nap. So, while they were both amazingly well-behaved there, we didn't get the reaction we had expected. They both ate nicely, though, and Joshua even ate some rice. They both enjoyed the special treat of fried ice-cream after their meals, which we all split (the first pictures from this post were taken at the restaurant).  
After we came home, we were completely impressed by the weather. I don't think you could have asked for a nicer day. We raked leaves into a pile and let the kids jump into them. Then we tossed leaves onto each other and giggled away. Joshua thought this was so much fun. Caleb wasn't completely sure, but he liked being outside and walking through the leaves and kicking them around. Joshua rode his tricycle and is doing really well with pedaling. I helped rake the backyard, too, and we put the leaves in front of our house for Manheim Township to come and collect this morning. It was a really fun day, and the boys were in great moods, and so were we. Sunday was one of those moments that you wish would last forever. I think the boys are at great ages, and we have so much fun as a family. I'm so thankful for my husband and my sons. I also appreciate our house and the beautiful fall weather.

Later, I took a meal to our friends from life group who just had a baby. She was precious! It was great catching up with them, and I'm bummed I forgot to take in my camera. Doh! When I got home, I took the boys for a walk around the neighborhood to let Daddy get some things done like changing our shower curtain. :) :) :) 
We had a great weekend!

No comments: