Friday, June 26, 2009

A Dive-In Date

Yesterday was so warm that when the boys woke up from their naps, we went to Grandma's to go to her pool. At first the boys weren't sure, but then they both warmed up to it. Caleb sat on the top step and splashed away. Joshua at one point decided to dive in and went under water until Grandma grabbed him (he was right next to us, of course). Praise God it didn't do anything but scare him (and me!!!). He was sad that Grandma had plans that night because he wanted to stay in the pool. "More water!!!"So, this morning she invited us back over. We started by stopping at my favorite clothing store (where we didn't buy a thing!), and then we changed for the pool since the overcast skies turned to sunshine. This time, Joshua wouldn't get in, but he loved kicking the water with his feet and sitting right next to the pool. Caleb was a regular ol' fish kicking when Grandma held him on his belly in the water. He loved to splash and really enjoys the water. We had a fun morning!We went back to her house for grilled cheese sandwiches and fresh fruit, and Joshua begged to play in her basement where all the toys are. So, we did for a little while before it was time to come home for naps. Tonight Daddy & I are going on a date with our life group friends. We asked the neighbor gal to watch our kids, and I'm so nervous about it I didn't sleep last night. When Joshua came in our room at 4:30 am, I tucked him back in bed, but after tossing and turning a little more, I was up shortly after 5 and did my devotions, prayed about their evening, did my exercise DVD (thanks, Daddy!), and did the normal morning routine of showering, etc. By then Caleb was awake and ready to be dressed and fed. Now I'm sleepy and contemplating a short power nap while the boys are down. If you think of it, please say a prayer that tonight goes well for us, for the babysitter and especially for our boys!

No comments: