Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The First Day of June

Last Monday, June 1, we woke up without Joshua in our house (since he had spent the night with Mamaw & Papaw). I could tell Caleb was looking around for him all morning - he's used to having his brother next to him at all times. :) Caleb & I enjoyed our morning together and then we picked up Grandma to go shopping. Joshua, in the meantime, was enjoying his morning with Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Missy. They fed him breakfast, took him to the store for bubbles & a new puppy ball and then took him to Paradise Park to play. I loved this action shot!Mom & I had a fantastic time shopping. Caleb was a little fussy when we got there, and soon I knew why...and I changed his diaper and then he was pretty content the rest of our time. We were specifically looking for bathing suits and we started with Lands End at Sears. I found a great suit, and we ended up ordering it in my size online. Can't wait for it to get here!We also stopped at Bath & Body Works and Boscov's where I got some much-needed foundation and a pair of sandals for Shawn. We also tried on lots of things we didn't buy and did some window shopping. It was fun! We ended our time together eating delicious salads & potato soup at JB Dawson's.I'm sure Joshua had much more fun where he was than if we would have taken him along with us - thanks for watching him! It was a lovely day. When we got home, Joshua came not long thereafter and took a nice looong nap after playing in the sunshine all morning.That night we got a call asking if we'd like some company - absolutely! So, we ended up going to the Lititz Family Cupboard for supper. I've only ever been there for Christmas with Shawn's Grandma Dziedzic, but the food is absolutely delicious (and not great for your diet if you're trying to lose weight... but it was my birthday week, right?).Joshua got to ride in Papaw's red car again, a real treat for him. That night, we were all pretty tired. I rocked the Bean and he snuggled for awhile in bed with me and told me about his day. I think he really enjoyed himself. We chatted and sang and finally fell asleep. It was a great first day of the month! Thanks for the pictures, Grandpa! More to come on the rest of our week...

1 comment:

Julie said...

my dearest val!!!!
i can't THANK YOU ENOUGH for taking jenni into work this morning! and for allowing her to get her license a day earlier.
I AM JOINING IN THE CELEBRATION FROM THE BEACH!

BLESS YOU, busy mom, for giving in this way. i know it is no easy task with 2 children...and their schedules!

LOVE YOU!!!!