Saturday, June 13, 2009

Surgery Scheduled

On Tuesday, June 9, I had a follow-up scheduled from my ultrasound that was done May 29. The surgeon agreed that it was medically necessary to remove the veins in my legs where the valves are broken the whole way from my groin to my ankle (on my right leg, it's actually two veins that are really bad). Thankfully, they are going to try to "zap" them by injecting a catheter in and 'cooking them' first. If that doesn't work, they may have to go and remove the vein piece by piece (approx 30% need this follow up surgery). Please pray that I'm one of the 70% instead! Surgery for my right leg is scheduled for Monday, July 13 and surgery for my left leg is scheduled for Friday, July 24 (the soonest they could do both). My legs have been really painful as I've been working out, and I am so excited to get this done. As with any surgery, there are risks of complications, so I ask for your prayers. I have no idea what recovery will be like, but also pray for that since I have two little ones. :)

Mom watched the boys that morning so I could see the doctor, and afterward we went to Central Market. We both got fresh homemade wholegrain bread (yum!) and strawberries, and I also bought a canteloupe. That night for dinner we had chicken breasts with broccoli and strawberry shortcake - the berries were delicious! Joshua kept asking for more and more.

That same afternoon, Shawn went to the doctor for a follow-up for his back. It has been aching since February when he finished our powder room, and he had went for an x-ray which didn't show anything so he kept putting off going back into the doctor's office. Finally, he asked me to call and they got him right in. Dr. O found the exact spot that's the culprit, which is some sort of inflammed joint. He gave Shawn an injection of steroids, and Shawn did say it was feeling a little better thereafter (you know it's bad when Shawn was okay with them getting out a needle!). He's still doing his exercises and taking advil & muscle relaxers, etc. Please pray that it feels 110% better soon!

No comments: