Friday, November 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I rubbed my eyes this morning when I looked out the window...only the whiteness didn't go away. I kid you not, there is snow on the rooftops, on the ground, and still coming down. Here is a view down our street...the trees look so pretty (however, unfortunately, there are still leaves covering much of the ground since we've had a windy couple of days - we'll all have dead grass!!!). After breakfast, I started bundling up the Bean (thanks, Aunt Alicia & Jordon, for lending us the coat, pants, mittens, hat and boots...they came just in time and fit perfectly!). Joshua was excited as I got on his pants, was okay with the shoes, sprang right into his jacket, wasn't thrilled about the hat...but then came the darn mittens! They took me over 10 minutes to get on, as I tried to explain that his thumb needed to come through and he did NOT want them on. Ugh! Eventually, we both worked it out and a different pair of mittens did the trick. Next, I got Caleb in his outfit. It's a little small, but it did the trick for now! He was happy to be outside in the bouncy seat for awhile but soon started to cry. Here's our house in the snow...and it's not even Thanksgiving!!! I thought Joshua looked so cute, I couldn't help but snap a few pictures before we started to play. First thing he said? "Whoa! What's this?" I howled...were you expecting anything else? The first thing he did was to bat snow off my car...then he wasn't thrilled that his gloves were wet. Oh, silly boy! I put the camera down soon so we could play. With one parent and two kids, pictures of every moment are a thing of the past... Before we headed in, I decided to take a couple more, and my camera fogged up.Enjoy the winter wonderland!!! Tonight, Daddy & I are going on a date, and the boys are going to Grandma's house. Hooray! I hope to have some hot cocoa with whipped cream soon...mmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you better go back to bed - this can't be happening it is not even Thanksgiving yet, does this mean a snow filled season for you? Maybe Joshua will enjoy playing in the snow this year?