Friday, November 7, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Today was in the 70s outside...sunshine abounded and we soaked up the fresh air outside. This morning I called my sister right away and said, "Let's take the kids for a walk!" So, she packed up Daniel & Emma (Grace & Faith were in school) and the four of us walked all around her neighborhood.Then I called Shawn and told him that he HAD to come home...we won't get too many more days like this! He agreed to come home at lunchtime so we could do yardwork. The boys have been napping and we've been tirelessly working. My back is breaking, my knees hurt, I'm covered in sweat and dirt...and our stupid yard doesn't look much different. We've filled bags with weeds, I scraped ivy off our bricks while Shawn used powertools to trim, we cut back most of our dead stuff from summer and still the side of our house looks like a jungle...literally. I could cry, but it wouldn't do much good. I'm taking a break as he dumps our many bags in the Manheim Township yard waste compost, and then we'll go back out until the boys wake up. We had a quote from someone to do this work for $1,000. We didn't have that kind of money right now, so we declined. Now I'm thinking it may have been worth trying to whore myself on the street rather than doing this... maybe not, but it does seem easier right now.Either way, we're enjoying some fresh air and time outdoors. Thank you, Lord, for the gorgeous weather!!!

No comments: