Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little Caleb Luke

Caleb's pediatrician appointment went well on Tuesday...in fact, he laughed and laughed at Dr. Reilly. She went to listen to him breathing and he just kept giggling away. She told me that he's going to be a fun kiddo and seemed sincerely impressed by how happy he was the entire visit. He grinned and played with his toes and laughed away. We are now able to start him on Rice Cereal, we should be giving him a vitamin supplement (trivisol) everyday to give him more Vitamin D, and he has reached all the "normal" milestones of this age like holding his head completely on his own, grabbing objects and putting them to his mouth, rolling, etc. Here are his stats:

Weight: 15 lbs 10 oz = 70th percentile
Length: 26.5 inches = 92nd percentile
Head Circ: 16 3/8 inches = 35th percentile

How different my two kids are! And yet how much I love the both!!! Caleb didn't cry when we tried to give him the oral vaccine; in fact, he sucked on it until it was dry. He stopped crying the second I picked him up after his shots. And, he was so good! His stats are way different than Joshua's. The Bean's head was always way big and his height and weight were always way low according to the percentiles.

Caleb and I left then to go grab the Bean (who stayed with my sister this time so he didn't cry when Caleb got shots). Yesterday he slept quite a bit and then I took his temperature, which was 101 degrees rectally (NOT good!). I gave him some tylenol, which seemed to help. Please pray that he's feeling better. He's napping now, and I'm going to re-take his temp when he awakes. If it's not better, I'm going to call the doctor. Poor lil' Caleb Luke! My big, happy boy!

No comments: