Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Two for Tuesday

Yesterday was a fun day, even though it poured and was freezing cold! Me and my precious babies ventured out into the windy wetness because I had an appointment to receive a free flu shot from MU. I didn't get to pick the day or time, so I was stuck with yesterday at noon. Thankfully, my friend Julie offered to watch Joshua & Caleb while I went. I reminded myself how brave little Bean was with his shot, and overall it was less painful than I was expecting...until bed last night. My arm is still sore! We had a great time at Julie's, though. When I left MU - which is just a hop, skip and a jump from her house - I picked up Subway for us to eat. Joshua & her son Jude played very well together. Jude was supposed to say sorry to Joshua for pushing him, and instead he said with a very heartfelt look on his face, "I love you, Joshua!" while he tried to hug him. It was adorable! Caleb did not do so well for poor Julie, but I found out why later... Anyway, after eating and fellowshipping with our dear friends, we left again into the whipping wind and beating rain. Joshua said, "Bye-bye Chew-lee, bye-bye Chude, bye-bye Kate" as we drove down the street.From there, we drove straight to my sister Jen's house so I could watch her kids while she helped with pumpkin decorating at Grace's school (she was at her morning Bible study earlier and wasn't going to be home in time to watch my kiddos beforehand). Joshua had more fun playing with Emma & Grace at Aunt Jen's (Daniel was napping). Caleb's fussiness culminated in the largest mess I've ever seen...only I didn't bring a change of clothes. Normally there's one in the diaper bag, but I had used it recently when we were out and I was afraid he was too hot in his original outfit. Doh!Jen was soon home and it was time for me to get back to our house to prepare for company coming. Last night, Pastor Matt from the Lord's House of Prayer, his wife Joanne and their daughters Rebekah and Areanna came over for dinner. We decided to keep it simple, so Shawn grabbed pizzas on the way home from work, and we had sun chips and grapes and they brought salad with them. Joshua enjoyed playing with their girls (they are so sweet!) and we had a great time catching up with Matt & Joanne. Matt also played with the Bean quite a bit, as you can see in the above picture. Caleb was his normal calm sweet self.We had a great time. Thanks for a fun day, everyone!

No comments: