Monday, October 27, 2008

Early Will I Seek You

Psalm 63
1 O God, you are my God,

earnestly (or early) I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,

my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,

and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;

with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;

I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,

I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;

your right hand upholds me.

Throughout my Beth Moore "Breaking Free" Bible study, I've read so many applicable verses of scripture that have touched my heart. We sing this particular psalm in a song at church...right now I'm working on seeking Him "early" and trying to get up and do my devotions and exercise before Daddy leaves for work. I've been a miserable failure at it so far - please pray that I would be able to do this each morning! This morning I woke up after Shawn left (we had a late night) but before the kids, so I still did both. God is good! Even when we're not!
Last night we took Joshua to the park just before the sun went down to get out some energy. Caleb also enjoyed the sunshine for a little while. It's getting colder out each day, but yesterday was beautiful. Earlier in the day, Shawn went to a friend's house to watch the football game, so Mom came over and brought Grace along. She treated us to McDonald's (at Grace's request) and Joshua & Grace played and played together. They ran all around the house hiding and finding one another. Joshua was sad to see her go (she had a soccer game that afternoon). He said, "Bye-bye, Grace" forlornly. Grandma took Joshua to her game, then, and last night as he kicked the ball around the house, he told us he was playing soccer like he had seen Grace.
Joshua is really into shoes these days. When Grace kicked hers off, he put them on. I had to get the camera!
Joshua woke up from his nap upset, so Grandma rocked with him a little bit on our office/play room/Ebay central area/storage room/paperwork avalanche and he fell right back to sleep. So did she! That gave me time to do laundry, clean our leather furniture, and do some other household things. I also cleaned the bathrooms last night and Shawn vaccuumed, fixed the cable to our bedroom TV, and got a few other things done around the house. We had a productive weekend all in all. He hung the sheer curtains in the good living room, and we discussed what projects are yet to be done around the house. Shawn was so sweet last night as he told me he wants to get some things done since he knows it means a lot to me, and I mean a lot to him. He's the best husband in the whole world. I also try to do things for him, like getting all his laundry done and neatly hung so he doesn't have to iron, cooking meals (on Friday night we had an amazing pesto alfredo tortellini pasta with parmesan and bacon crumbles and tonight we're trying bruschetta chicken), cleaning the house and taking care of his children. While these things also benefit me, I do them because I truly love my family. Thank you, God, for blessing us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post about how good you and Shawn are to each other. And what a great picture of your mom and Josh sleeping! I'll pray for your bright and early devotions/exercise routine. It is so hard to do in the am, but rewarding too. I like when I have the chance to see the world wake up (not that this happens very often). Glad we got to chat this weekend! Love Ya, Suz