Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Day With Friends

Yesterday, I went out to lunch with some girlfriends from high school. Six of us from Petra's youth group were almost inseparable those days: Jess & Jen (twins who I went to high school with at Conestoga Valley) and Cheryl, Kris and Michelle, who all graduated from LMH.

Since Kris & her husband Brian are currently serving in Eagles' Wings Ministries in New York and she was home for a few weeks, she invited us all out to lunch. I was thrilled to see everyone together again! Unfortunately, Jess couldn't make it since she just had her fourth baby and didn't have a sitter. I felt very blessed that Aunt Missy watched both boys so I could go enjoy my time out with friends. I started out early and picked up Jen since she isn't able to drive since her seizures started. Then we met at Squire Side for lunch. We talked about children, ministry, churches (we all attend somewhere different now), husbands and life in general. It was great to catch up! Cheryl is currently pregnant with her fourth child and Michelle had her third since I last saw her!Soon it was time to go since Aunt Missy had to work and Cheryl needed to relieve her babysitter. I invited all the gals back to our house for dessert since I had some leftovers. :) Michelle picked up her kiddos and came back, and meanwhile Kris & Jen rode with me home. Joshua enjoyed playing with Michelle's kiddos outside. It was 81 degrees!

Around 4 pm, Brian arrived for Kris and took Jen home since they were heading that way. Michelle also bid farewell. Hopefully we can all catch up again sometime soon!

No comments: