Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lots of New "Firsts"

Caleb has been growing in leaps & bounds. He's doing pretty well with being able to hold his head up on his own and doesn't mind belly time as much any more. Daddy also tried sitting him in the Bumbo today for the first time, and our little Caleb Luke did very, very well. As much as Joshua enjoys being snuggled in and held while singing, Caleb enjoys being sat up and able to look out. He enjoys being held - especially because it keeps him warm - but he prefers to see out and look around rather than good old fashioned cuddling. It amazes me how different the boys are already!Caleb got his first pair of shoes today from Grandma. They're so cute! He was wearing courdoroy pants and a button-down dress shirt and I was going to get a picture - but he messed that outfit and is now in his jammies instead. Such is life! I got paged out of the service because lil' Caleb Luke was woken up by a little baby crying and then couldn't get calmed back down himself until I rescued him. He was red all over, and I mean ALL over...I've never seen anything like it. They asked if he'd had shots lately or anything that would give him an allergic reaction - no, nothing! As soon as he calmed down, the redness went away, but it still scared me. I'll keep an eye on him and see if it comes back.
Caleb laughs a lot. He loves to giggle at Joshua mostly, but he also smiles and laughs for Shawn & me. He likes to make eye contact and be talked to...it doesn't take much for him to grin and show his adorable dimply cheeks. He also enjoys toys now and will grab onto things that you hand him. In the above picture, he's trying to grab Joshua's hand, and Joshua is loving every minute of it. Caleb also loves to swing, loves to keep moving, and loves looking up at the birdie mat that was Joshua's when he was a baby. In that way, the boys are very similar.Joshua has slept through the night the past two nights...only Caleb hasn't slept well at all. So, tonight, I'm going to try the nursery. He's still been sleeping in the pack 'n play in our room so I hear him well, but I'm ready to try anything to get more rest. On the other hand, I know this is a season and part of me misses rocking the Bean at night and singing to him in the nursery with him all snuggled up in my arms. The time does go quickly! I'm reminded of that every Saturday night now at church - may we all learn to cling to Jesus for His hope and enjoy each day of the lives we are given!

No comments: