Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sleep

I remember the Bible verse, "Do not love sleep or you will become weary." However, these days I think both Shawn & I are craving just a little more. I'll be honest, though, I took a nap today. For the past couple of nights, or should I say weeks, Joshua has not slept through the night. Two nights ago, I think he needed a breathing treatment. He woke up Monday with a yucky cough and then that night he seemed out of sorts. Since he was coughing, he didn't want to sleep laying down. The next day was the same for his nap, but I caught him with his blankey on the couch after I had changed Caleb's diaper. He was so exhausted he found a way to pass out that was on his terms. My little buddy is stubborn like his momma!Thankfully, whatever the cough was seems to have disappeared as quickly as it came. I'm praying he makes it through the whole night tonight. He's already in bed (9:30 pm) so I'm heading there soon myself. Last night he came in and climbed up with us around 1 am. I didn't even realize it at first. We must get a king size bed or start putting him back in his own room until he learns he can't climb up with us, no matter how cute (or how sick). He loves to sleep nose-to-nose with Daddy and says 'more sleepies Daddy' meaning that he wants them to lay down together. With me, he likes to lay with his back in my chest and me snuggling with him. It's so darn cute...that gets us every time.
Caleb, on the other hand, is on his third night of sleeping through the night in a row. I'm so proud of him! He hasn't been eating well the last few days, though. He'll eat for a couple minutes and then give up. His diapers are still wet and soiled, so I guess he's getting enough. Hopefully this passes or I get used to it and learn not to worry. Both boys were pretty happy today, but Caleb slept a lot of the day away. I've been loving the warmer weather and hope it continues to stay nice; although, they say tomorrow is only supposed to get up into the 60's. We'll see! Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the night time snuggles. Ladea still (at 4 years) crawls into bed with us often. Some mornings I wake up and both Ladea and Mikya are in bed with us. The other night Ladea told me that I helped her in to our bed and I didn't remember it at all! :) BTW my kids have all nursed only for a few minutes at a time. Other moms would be nursing for a half hour and mine were always done in ten minutes. It's actually quite nice!! :) I hope you get a good night of sleep tonight! -Connie