Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Day in the Life of Joshua Part 2

After breakfast, I crawl around on the first floor looking for trouble. I know I'm not allowed to touch mommy's flowers in this alcove...shhhh, don't tell on me!
Next I climb on the ottoman that's being used to block the downstairs. I don't actually try to go downstairs, but this very act sometimes gives mommy a heart attack, which I think is funny.Finally, when she's done cleaning up our dishes, I grab my walker toy to get me where I need to go...I head upstairs for the playroom, where all my toys are kept. Mommy & Daddy used to call it the office, but I have definitely taken over!
I'm a big boy and can climb the stairs all by myself. My physical therapist says this is a good exercise for me. Nonie is starting to teach me how to come down by myself (backwards) and last night I showed Daddy how I can fly down the stairs. Both Mommy & Daddy laughed and laughed - I put on quite the show. I'm coming!!!
I made it to the top!!! Hooray for me!!! Once we get to the playroom, it's time to do my morning ritual. I pause for a moment to grunt...
Uh-oh! I made a mess! (I'm starting to say "Uh oh" now and it's too cute! I really emphasize the "Uh.") Mommy comes to my rescue with a fresh diaper.Then it's time to read. I'm holding my favorite book, full of all sorts of new words & pictures. Mommy reads it to me almost everyday, and we go over colors and animal sounds, etc.Then, of course, I have to pose for a million bazillion pictures. Now, it's time to work. Mommy needs her time at the computer to write and grade papers while I play some more. Daddy gave me my own mouse and keyboard so I can work too!
I'ts important that you touch that key!I'm really getting the hang of this! Mommy's done with work! It's time to go eat lunch. I will get my walker toy to get over to my high chair.
Do we really need a picture while I have milk on my chin? Truly?If so, I guess I'll give you my handsome smile! Thanks for a tasty lunch!Now it's time to walk back the hallway to my bedroom. Oh wait, I'm heading the wrong direction! I eventually make it to my crib for a nap. I absolutely LOVE my blankie. That shows me it's time to sleep. And, we can't forget my friend froggy that Miss Suzy got for me!I'm awake! It's time to play some more! Hooray for my ability to walk with a toy! I'm now steering the walker toys to get around and around and around. I don't get as frustrated because I don't run into as many things. I'll stand there and all but lift the toy to be in the correct direction. Yet, I still won't walk without it...soon, Mommy thinks. Truly, I would only be a year old on November 6 if I would have waited to come till the due date. We play the rest of the day away, even when Dada gets home.
Then we start getting ready for bed. There's a bedtime story from the Bible.A snack (and no, I'm not usually sitting at the breakfast bar like a big boy!)
Then it's bath time fun! I love getting a bath and playing in the water. Hooray!
Sometimes I even try to stand in the tub and throw my toys out, just to say "Uh oh!" It was cute at first...not so much anymore!

Then it's a few more moments with Mommy & Daddy in my PJ's before I go to my crib and call it a night.

Good night!

No comments: