Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things that make you go hmmm....

Yesterday as I was driving to school, I was feeling kind of bummed about my day, which had been rough. I was playing the Jeremy Riddle CD in my car. I decided I was tired of the song so I hit the "FM" button. The station it was on was WJTL, playing Jeremy Riddle. As if that weren't bizarre enough, it was not only the same song...it was the SAME EXACT MOMENT in the song. With a short hiccup from the button being pressed, the same beat, note, word was sung as would have been if I would have let the CD continue. Weird! My next weird moment was just a few moments ago. This evening we went to Grandma Stoltzfus' house for dinner, and I took over homemade brownies. When we were leaving their house, I thought to myself, "Did I turn off the curling iron?" This curling iron is so old, the heating element is broken and it gets hotter and hotter, which I LOVE for my hair because it really works. But, the on/off switch is also broken. It takes a long time of trying to get a pin just right to turn it on, and to turn it off, I simply pull the plug. Anyway, I reassured myself that even though I didn't remember doing it, I normally do it out of habit and I wouldn't have gone so far away for so long and left it burning. Well, I didn't remember again until just now. We got in the door and put things away and changed Joshua into his PJ's and then I went into the master bathroom to get changed. There to my dismay was the curling iron still plugged in. I gasped, shocked that our house hadn't burned down. But, to my genuine shock, it was turned off. Shawn shrugged and said that it must turn off on its own when it reaches a certain temperature, but this thing is too old and too broken to do that. I've seen it start to smoke and make all sorts of noise before where I've pulled the plug... Again, weird! It must have been an angel turning it off for us so our house remained in tact. Thank God!

This afternoon Joshua had physical therapy, and Laura from Schreiber disagreed with Dr. Hoshauer's expecting him to know animals, shapes and colors by 15-months. According to all their charts, there's a wide range that's considered perfectly normal that doesn't even start with 15 months, and she thinks Joshua is doing super! She always tells me how much he reminds her of her son, who was born around the same time as Joshua (just a year earlier) and developed pretty much at the same exact rate as the Bean. That made me breathe a sigh of relief. I think what we need to work on now, or at least start, is encouraging obedience...something the Lord is still teaching me to this day. Hmmm...

No comments: