Monday, October 1, 2007

Seeing the Doctor

This morning the nurse I spoke with yesterday actually took the initiative to call me, which I thought was impressive. Upon hearing that Joshua had just thrown up, she recommended he come in and be seen by a doctor. So, into the bathtub he went since he managed to get his hair in the process. We got to the doctors office and found out he weighs over a pound less than he did on Friday, which is not good. The doctor, however, seemed to think he was hydrated just enough to keep him out of the hospital. He did make us go for bloodwork, though, just to be sure he has enough electrolites (sp?) in his system. I'm waiting to hear the results. In the meantime, the doctor is having us try formula rather than pedialite because we need to get calories into the Bean. Joshua has already thrown up once since giving him just a small bit, but we'll see how it goes. He's also soiled (an understatement) two diapers already this morning. Please continue to pray for his health. I'll keep you posted as we know more.

And, pray for our camera, too. We're afraid it also might have bit the dust. Joshua looked so cute in dinosaur jammies lent to us by cousin Grant, and today even with being sick he looks handsome in a Redskins outfit that was in the same bin. I hate not having a camera to take pictures of him...

Also pray that Shawn & I don't get sick. We draw a line and say ENOUGH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Josh is sick. I was going to call you today, but it sounds like you have enough going on! I'll call you later this week. Love you all!
Suz

Anonymous said...

I am praying for the little guy - and you too!
Kristen