Thursday, October 4, 2007

One Day at a Time

Joshua is a lot more perky and playing, although he's still thin and a little more tired than normal. We're working up his ability to eat more. Unfortunately last night we must have over-stuffed him because he threw up again. He's becoming one with the bathtub now. We also have washed every article of clothing we own in addition to sheets and towels - he's still exploding out the bottom end. Poor kid!

Nonie & Poppy came over yesterday to see the Bean, and I went to class last night. I had several students talking to me last night about personal issues, which is something I never expected. I always say at the beginning of the semester that I'm available to talk, and I'm being taken up on the offer. I guess God uses you wherever you're at. I also had a couple students come up after class and tell me how much they're enjoying the class and asked what I will be teaching next semester so they can take it. I thought that was sweet, especially since it seemed sincere and not like they were looking for special recognition or grading favor. They told me about how boring and awful some of their classes were and how they were glad to have someone upbeat. Cool. I wasn't feeling terribly upbeat after this week, but I do enjoy teaching, depending on the class and the textbook.

I'll end this post with something I read from the Bible this week:

Psalm 95
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;

let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.

3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.

4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.

5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.

6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;

7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care. Today, if you hear his voice,

8 do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
[a - Meribah means quarreling] as you did that day at Massah
[b - Massah means testing] in the desert,

9 where your fathers tested and tried me,
though they had seen what I did.

10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, "They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways."

11 So I declared on oath in my anger, "They shall never enter my rest."

No comments: