Thursday, December 27, 2012

Who Needs Santa When You Have Grandma?

On Sunday, December 23, we didn't make it to church. Daddy was sick. Ryan had gotten the stomach bug first, I got it next, and Daddy was taking his turn with it. Joshua also looked pale to us that morning and told us his belly didn't feel good, but he didn't vomit and he played very normally. But, he didn't eat a thing that day. I called Grandma to ask her whether or not we should come that evening. I explained that Shawn couldn't possibly come since he only could get out of bed to do what was necessary in the bathroom, but the rest of us could if she wasn't concerned about possible germs, letting her know how Bean was doing as well. She said to come on over.
So, I got the boys ready and we headed to her house that evening for dinner. Caleb asked to take a picture of us, and right as I was about to snap it, he made this "kissy face" and giggled. Merry Kisses!
The kids played in the basement as Grandma was finishing up the meal. I took over the shrimp platter I had purchased, the veggie tray, and a jar of applesauce. Aunt Becky took drinks, and Jen brought baked corn and a cheesecake. Mom had made ham, sweet potatoes, salad, fruit cocktail and buns. I watched the kiddos and asked if we could take a group picture before dinner. This is how they turned out.
Soon, we were called upstairs that it was time to eat!
When dinner was over, we cleaned up some and then headed downstairs to open gifts. Here's one of each of the three boys opening their presents from Grandma. I also took a video of Joshua opening his new Nintendo DSi XL from Grandma. He was THRILLED with it! He also got a new Mario toy (which Ryan also loves to play with!) and a Leapster game and a coloring book.
Caleb also got a Leapster game and coloring book, along with the Angry Birds ball he wanted and a new soccer goal where he and his brother can now play against each other hand have their own goals.
Ryan got a dinosaur, two new cute books, and this fun Caterpillar phone and driving wheel that rumbles. He LOVES it!
The kids also enjoyed opening their stockings. And I took Shawn's gifts home for him to open. Poor guy was SO sick! I loved all of my gifts as well. :) :) :) I tried to get a picture of mom with all three of my boys, but til I got the older ones looking, Ryan was done.
My poor little man was not a happy camper that night. We'd had a lot going on, and I'm not sure he was feeling great either. So, while I felt bad I wasn't more of a help to clean up, we ate a quick dessert and I packed the kids up and headed home. Thanks for everything, Mamaw!!!

No comments: