Saturday, December 15, 2012

Happy 52-Month Birthday, Caleb Luke!

Caleb turned 52-months old on November 8, 2012.

One thing we've been noticing lately about Caleb is how impressive his math skills are. Joshua will bring home homework from school, and Caleb loves to look over his shoulder as he's doing it and shout out the answer (much to big brother's annoyance!). But, Daddy & I are impressed that his answers are correct. He is good at addition and subtraction and understands which numbers go in a series, etc. I typically don't think much about it, but every once in awhile I think of how amazing he is for only being four!

We recently had the opportunity to peak at Caleb's fall report card, and his teacher said he knew everything academically except his phone number and address (both of which he does know when prompted) BUT the comments also said that Caleb does well playing with other boys but never initiates conversations with others. My little man is SO painfully shy. I'm not sure how to encourage him to speak up and talk to others. Please pray for wisdom and for his confidence. He doesn't seem bothered by not talking to others. In fact, something I love about him is that he's so easygoing. But, he's almost too easygoing when it comes to not having social graces. We're hoping that he is able to grow in this area.

Caleb is so funny and fun to be with. He is a great brother and a very sweet boy. I've been terrible about remembering his show 'n tell, and he doesn't seem offended or thrown off his game. Thank the Lord! He will tell me some things that he does at school, but not a ton. Yet, he seems to enjoy it okay. I try to take advantage of the mornings we do have at home to spend quality time together, playing games and doing puzzle books. He also LOVES to color together. Most of all, he loves one-on-one time. As a middle child, it's difficult to get alone time BUT we try our best.
Caleb finished his soccer shots season, and he LOVED it! He would look at me and give me a big thumbs up when he'd score a goal. He's extremely athletic and it will be intriguing to watch him grow in this area. His balance and coordination are amazing! He's also strong and extremely intelligent. He reminds me of his Daddy. :)

Caleb loves "special noodles" (no sauce, no cheese except sometimes parmesan on top) and grilled cheese, all sorts of fruits, bread, waffles, ham, chicken nuggets, cereal and peanut butter & jelly. Beyond that, it's difficult to get him to try new things. Hopefully he grows out of this phase!

Caleb says the cutest things that make us smile. He'll come up and say "Mama, I really love you!" or "Mama, your hair looks pretty today." They are so random that it always makes me smile. He also makes his Daddy giggle too.

There's more I could write, but I should keep moving. Happy 52-month birthday, Caleb! :)

No comments: